Beginning of contract: 1 March 2020
Hours: Maximum three days per week, flexible hours
We are looking for an experienced, passionate lecturer to join our academic team to teach and mentor the next generation of Red & Yellow game changers at our Cape Town campus. As a lecturer in your field of expertise, you will take full responsibility for the academic performance and functioning of your programme. You will be required to work closely with the Head of the Department and the Head of Education and the lecturing team to maintain, develop and grow R&Y’s respected programme offering. Red & Yellow offers flexible schedules to part-time lecturers and a competitive salary.
- Relevant honours degree (minimum requirement), but preference will be given to candidates with a master’s degree (or near completion of a master’s degree in a relevant field), with academic experience in accounting
- Minimum two to four years’ teaching experience in a tertiary environment
- Relevant experience in the subject area
- A network of industry or academic professionals to offer students practical and real-world exposure
- Evidence of creative and practical pedagogical practices previously used
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop the curriculum for your programme aligned to Red & Yellow’s teaching style, including, but not limited to, lesson planning, tutorial content and planning, tests, assessments and exams
- Lecture and conduct tutorials as part of the full-time programme offering
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the academic programme, including attendance and maintenance of student records
- Liaise with academic colleagues/relevant industry contacts to ensure ongoing development and relevance
- Participate in the annual upgrade of programme content, where relevant
- Conduct, marking and moderation processes, participating in internal and external moderation processes where necessary
- Participate in student application and registration processes, where relevant
- Participate in examination and certification processes and promotion of students
- Attend regular staff meetings and relevant faculty events
- Ensure both hard and electronic filing of all required documentation, including tracking and reporting on at-risk students
- Participate in student grievance and disciplinary sessions, where relevant
- Lecture in accordance with the requirements of the programme outcomes and in accordance with the accredited programme outlines
- Benchmarking of programme offerings against other relevant higher education institutions
- Adhere to centralised policies and procedures that ensure outstanding quality and unquestionable integrity of all academic programmes that are offered
Our social promise
We believe that education is the way to change the world – our social promise ensures at least 10% of our students have their studies funded, either through ourselves or corporate bursary-partnership packages. We also have experts who can advise corporates on how to gain optimal B-BBEE ROI benefits, while securing access to talented juniors.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Please forward your CV and proof of academic qualifications to
before the 15 March 2020.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.
Posted on 25 Feb 11:59
+27 87 227 3283
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.