|Own transport required:||Yes|
Bizcommunity.com, South Africa’s leading business-to-business online industry news publisher, has become a household media brand name, the first-choice B2B site in Africa, with an audience of 370,000 multi-industry professionals who stay informed and publish corporate content across 18 sectors of the economy.
Opportunity to join the content team at Bizcommunity. Exciting position available in Johannesburg for junior to mid-level online editorial assistant.
- Assist the editors in processing copy – proofreading, fact-checking and sub-editing
- Upload subbed copy in a timely manner
- Assist in compiling and proofing daily, weekly and special newsletters
- Produce original, exclusive editorial content
- Attend, cover and network at relevant industry events
- Represent Bizcommunity favourably at industry events
- Computer literate
- Journalism/language studies
- Strong English language skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic image editing experience
- Social media skills
- 1-2 years of experience in an online publishing environment
- An interest in the local creative industries – marketing, advertising, media and PR
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Enjoy reading and writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Work well individually and within a team
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and conscientious
Email your CV and a brief (200 words max) cover letter to
to apply. Include #EDITORIALASSISTANT in the email subject line. Please include examples of your writing if available. All potential candidates will be required to write a test based on various aspects of the position.
Only Johannesburg-based applicants will be considered.
Please note that this is a remote position. You must, therefore, be prepared to work independently outside of an office environment.
Note, you may be required to offer further support to the company from time to time.
If you have not received a reply within two weeks of applying, you have unfortunately not been considered for the position.
Posted on 30 Jan 12:21
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.