- Ad Placed : 17 Sep 2020 00:00:48 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 950000 – PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
Our client, a longstanding manufacturer serving SA and SSA, whose current priority is to improve the overall business performance in the medium to longer term and their objectives are to operate strategically, sustainably, efficiently and profitably.
Purpose of the Role:
The National Trade Marketing Manager will take overall responsibility in:
- Manage trade marketing of assigned products stream and services to ensure consistent and profitable growth in revenues to meet organisation objectives.
- Focus on re-energising assets that will be cash-generative, and exploring new customer segments.
- Overall focus is on leveraging the value chain, and creating a platform for long-term growth, while maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.Com or a relevant tertiary qualification in the Business Management and Commercial field.
- 5 years’ work experience in Trade Marketing preferably in an FMCG environment.
- Strong commercial competency.
- Proven work experience in handling key accounts/clients.
- Computer skills/literacy.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Generate and apply business and market knowledge:
- Gather knowledge of the business landscape
- Accelerate profile generation for the company by identifying profit pools based on knowledge of market dynamics including competitors
- Utilise situation analysis:
- Situation analysis conducted that includes both external and internal indicators.
- Knowledge and application of external market influences demonstrated through building a more effective strategy and making sound, value-adding strategic choices and decisions.
- Knowledge and application of internal commercial performance, including route-to-market effectiveness and customer satisfaction demonstrated.
- Segment the market to inform deployment of resources
- Develop and market the channel component of the commercial strategy:
- Market opportunities and issues proactively identified through high quality analysis and research.
- Customer universe segmented and knowledge and application of the variables that define and differentiate one segment from another demonstrated.
- Knowledge of regional nuances gained by proactively working with aspects such as national data profiles by region.
- Drive growth and increase profits linked with strategy and targets.
- Relevant teams influenced and guided to develop capability and tactics for exploring unmet customer needs and the associated potential revenue/profit benefit for the retailer/wholesaler.
- Apply insights:
- Insight mind-set proactively promoted as a foundation for Channel strategy.
- Existing beliefs and insights challenged through producing fact-based commercial arguments.
- High quality data generated by Insights through Trade Marketing providing sound information that aligns to retailer and shopper drivers and championed within the business.
- Relevant market and consumer information that can develop or enhance category performance made available to Sales and Marketing teams.
- Tangible competitive advantage created through using Insights to drive portfolio and overall business strategy.
- Align the portfolio strategy to the market:
- Brand and pack portfolio aligned with the opportunities identified.
- Potential and value of channels clearly defined to ascertain their output to the business in terms of growth and profit to build the role of the channel around that value.
- Develop and implement channel strategies.
- Develop and manage the channel component of the commercial strategy:
- Maintain, develop and draw Insights to guide current and future activities and strategies.
- Develop and operationalise the annual channel plan:
- Develop the channel plan.
- Consolidate activities into profit building business propositions.
- Design and develop activation tools based on insight-driven innovation.
- Communicate and monitor channel activity.
- Proactively collaborate with, and influence, internal/external stakeholders:
- Identify key stakeholders and develop and maintain influential relationships.
- Manage strategic projects
- People engagement, management and development.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Lack of sales focus and building customer relationship.
- Lead teams and build relationships across cultures.
- Connect and build positive relationships.
- Interpret, link and analyse information systemically in order to understand complex issues.
- Communicate broadly and powerfully.
- Accelerate the process of organisational change whilst effectively managing stakeholder expectations and outcomes.
- Drive the plans of action to realise intended outcomes.
- Work and make decisions under pressure and take initiative.
Please note, if you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.