|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate middle-weight conceptual art director. This is a full-time contract position based in Cape Town.
Do you have a passion for great creative ideas? Ideas that aren’t bound into a single channel or discipline? We’re looking for a middle-weight art director to join our studio: someone with the ability to create campaigns that consumers love and can’t wait to share. If you’re a high energy individual who’s obsessed with culture and willing to work hard and play hard, then you might just be who Machine_ is looking for.
Machine_ is a TTL creative agency with strong digital roots and is home to over 75 adventurous minds in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. It is the agency’s mission to help brands find creative solutions to new challenges in a hyper-connected world, whilst at the same time building solid, long-term relationships with our clients.
“Never Afraid” is Machine’s mantra, it underpins our values of: doing the right thing, being curious, solution orientated and at its core ‘getting things done’.Living this mantra daily helps grow our clients’?businesses and our agency. These are also the values we look for when recruiting new talent. The right personality is just as important as the right experience.
To conceptualise and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate our clients’ brand identities, positioning and messaging through all brand touchpoints.
We’re looking for a person who can see the whole picture, build relationships both internally and with our clients, problem-solve effectively, and communicate exceptionally well.
If you have two to four years’ experience, have produced great work, and are looking to grow your skills across a variety of iconic brands, then please keep reading.
- Conceptualise and execute award-winning and results driven creative ideas
- Manage visual identity of a brand / multiple brands
- Interact with other agency teams/divisions to develop creative concepts
- Create print, editorial and digital layouts and oversee shoots
- Ensure consistency and integration of art direction across all communication channels
- Responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off
- Work according to a client brief, showing understanding and relevance of the target market
- Develop your professional skills on a daily basis
- Ability to take on feedback, always looking to improve the work and yourself
- Ability to edit basic videos is a plus
- Be well versed in the Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects).
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Conceptually minded with the ability and agility to switch between multiple brand tones when developing work for different brands.
- Ability to execute quickly and effectively; especially in response to trending topics
- Ability to engage directly with clients, present ideas, take and implement feedback.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong time management and self-management skills – reliability is key!
As this role is for a conceptual art director please provide a robust portfolio of creative work demonstrating conceptual ability and creative problem across all communication channels.
Please note that this role will give preference to EE candidates in line with our hiring policies.
Posted on 11 Dec 14:55