|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, South End|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Boomtown is looking for an agile mid-wight integrated strategist to join our agile, multi-skilled and solutions-driven team. This role requires strategic thinking ability, thinking ahead of the client and good business sense. The integrated strategist needs to have a clear understanding of what the vision of the brands we work with is and knows how to strategically guide them forward to make it happen.
- Define and understand the target audiences, demographics, psychographics, behaviour and attitudinal mindsets across client brands
- Construct brand idea, architecture, positioning and value propositions and translating them into fully integrated communications strategies
- Provide clear, compelling creative direction through succinct creative brief writing that includes inspirational thought starters
- Stay current and connected to popular culture and platform usage and creative developments in order to identify and predict relevant trends
- Be able to provide clear direction to diverse teams to develop integrated brand activities that drive brand growth for our clients, including working with media and partners across multiple platforms
- Plays a key role in marketing and promotional activities within the business, especially in terms of pitches and proposals
Our cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market, and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
- University degree or advertising school diploma
- Agency experience preferred
- Five+ years of experience as a strategist and/or integrated planner
- Solid knowledge of brand strategies, communications planning, consumer insight development as well as some experience/understanding within the digital and mobile eco-systems
- Broad sector experience is essential, however, FMCG experience will be an advantage
- knowledge of primary and secondary research techniques that best leads the strategic and creative processes
- Develop integrated brand and communication strategies to effectively maximise the awareness, exposure and campaigns of client brands and products
- Sharp business acumen, resourceful and a self-starter that has a relentless passion for knowing more and doing their best work
- Strategic energy and drive to think outside of the box. Leads and informs ideation and brainstorming sessions internally and externally
Posted on 29 Jul 10:09