|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Gorilla Creative Media|
Have a passion for people and communities? Love to engage, talk a lot and get your hands dirty? Then we want you! We’re looking for a new team member to manage the social media accounts of our clients and to create content.
You’re the voice of our clients
We need a hard worker who is passionate about what we do and loves being a part of a fun and driven team. If you’re amped about social and understand that the world is made up of #hashtags and trends, love the thought of big ideas that ‘break the internet’ while staying on target, we’d like to speak to you.
Championing the community and brand, feeding opinion and insight into any creative session to ensure output is on-target.
Head of social media
The sort of person we want is:
- Creative – Community management and copywriting require a degree of imagination. There is no manual or black and white answer.
- Inquisitive – This environment is a never-ending learning curve. If you aren’t finding out new stuff you’re getting left behind.
- Team player – Type of person who steps in and gets involved when they need to help out a teammate, must be willing to work as part of a team and be open to new approaches.
- Driven – Task-driven, ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Analytical – Understand and use tools that enable understanding of the efficacy and impact of our work. Brand work should be informed by the performance of the work preceding it.
- Passionate – This isn’t a job, it’s a career. We need someone looking to leave their mark on the world and ready to carve a place for themselves in our agency as we grow.
- Proactive – Always on the lookout for something new. Willing to step beyond the confines of what we’re doing and look at what we’re going to do.
- Managing client accounts – The clients’ communities are routinely and continually up to date, without a static or congested flow in either direction in terms of moderation, response, engagement, interaction and posting.
- Copywriting – Create timely and engaging copy for your clients that are on-brand and in line with objectives and platforms.
- Brainstorming – Participation in creative sessions focused on solving problems and sharing ideas.
- Creative direction – Assisting with the provision of briefs to designers for the execution of Client content and advertising (in conjunction with the creative team and head of social manager).
- Reporting and monitoring – Noting and evaluating performance and using it for feedback to the account manager and creative team, with input on how to improve work.
We are a proudly South African, award-winning digital creative agency with offices in Durban and Johannesburg. We are driven by the relentless pursuit of awesome.
- At least three years’ experience in an agency environment.
- A degree or a diploma in marketing, copywriting, public relations, brand strategy or journalism.
- Outstanding English, copy-editing, proofreading and copywriting skills.
- Must have an extremely good eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
Posted on 04 Feb 11:19
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Manager jobs
- Communications Manager, Johannesburg
- Senior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Greenside, Gorilla
- E-commerce Projects Manager, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- Assistant Branch/Sales Manager, Pretoria, Menlyn
- Assistant Branch/Sales Manager, Johannesburg, Strubensvalley
- Digital/Adwords Manager, Johannesburg
- Store Manager, Pretoria, Christian Art Distributors
- Restaurant Manager, Johannesburg, Midrand
- Finance Manager, Johannesburg, Woodmead
- Financial Manager/Bookkeeper, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Financial Manager, Johannesburg, Sandhurst, Wunderman Jobs
- Senior Tech PR Account Manager/Director, Johannesburg, Morningside, DUO Marketing + Communications
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton
- Digital Communications Manager, Johannesburg, The Skills Mine
- Operations/Installation Manager (Signage), Johannesburg, Worldwide Positions
- Store Manager, Sandton, Melrose Arch
- Account Manager – FMCG, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- TV Production Manager/Production Assistant, Rosebank, Cardilogix
- Operations Manager, Johannesburg, Sandton
- HR Manager, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Social Media Community Manager, Johannesburg, Rosebank
- Showroom Customer Service Manager, Johannesburg, Home Choice
- Developer/Front-End Content Manager, Johannesburg, Rosebank
- Account Manager – Market Research, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Digital Sales Account Manager, Johannesburg
- Assistant Store Manager, Johannesburg, Christian Art Distributors
- Sales/Client Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton Estate
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston