A global hi-tech medical research company based in Durban seeks the expertise of a mid-level IT support specialist to join its team and ensure end users receive optimal and exceptional IT support. The ideal candidate will require an IT degree/diploma or Certifications including MCSA/CCNA/ITILv3, two+ years of IT industry experience and at least one-year of desktop/helpdesk support experience. Your skill set should also include Active Directory, Group Policies, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OSX, Android, iOS, DHCP and DNS. Please note this is a 12-month contract.
- Responsible for the day-to-day technical support to the end-users at all levels.
- IT degree/diploma or certifications including MCSA/CCNA/ITILv3.
- Two+ years’ experience in the IT field.
- At least one year of experience in desktop/helpdesk support or similar position.
- Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Microsoft Technologies.
- Strong Microsoft Windows operating systems and Apple Mac OSX experience.
- Mobile device operating systems including Android and iOS.
- Microsoft desktop products including Office, Office 365.
- DHCP, DNS and General Networking.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Linux skills and experience.
- VOIP and SIP technologies.
- Report writing skills.
- Able to work independently and show initiative.
- Good problem-solving (both technical and soft).
- Able to multi-task.
- Ability to plan and implement effectively and efficiently.
- Can work in a multidisciplinary team, flexible and a good team player.
- Conflict management skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to
and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 10 Jul 14:53
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.