Our client within the Manufacturing Industry is seeking a Metrology Technician to join their team.
Open position : Metrology Technician
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Strictly AA / EE position : Yes
Job requirements :
• Artisan Trade with a National Diploma in Engineering / Technical Engineering Diploma
• Minimum of 5 years Metrology measuring experience
• Minimum of 5 years measuring software experience (PC-Dmis, GOM, Polyworks Preferably)
• Offline and teach programming experience of CMM facilities
• Tool and jig making
• Advanced computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of CAD software (Catia Preferable)
• Working understanding of CMM maintenance and TPM
• Interpretation of Technical drawings
• Design and building of measuring fixtures
• Sound understanding of the vehicle manufacturing process (Press Shop, Body Shop, Assembly & Purchase parts manufacturing)
• Problem solving/ analytical thinking capability
• Planning and prioritisation skills
• Conduct dimensional approval of vehicle components to ensure the successful release of components at the correct quality levels.
• Provide dimensional analysis of problematic components in order to successfully solve production concerns and improve the overall product quality and minimize reworks.
• Dimensional verification of all company checking fixtures (Press Shop, Body Shop, Assembly) to ensure correct control of production process quality levels.
• Conduct measurement of Series Production parts to analyse and report on part condition and Process stability.
• Maintain all measuring equipment and fixtures in a state of absolute precision to ensure accurate and timeous measuring service to internal and external customers.
Should you meet the job requirements above please email your CV to email@example.com
Please add “Metrology Technician” into the subject line of your email.
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful.