|Location:||Cape Town, De Waterkant|
Connect is a dynamic media company, which operates as part of the M&C Saatchi Group of companies in South Africa.
We employ brave and bright individuals with an entrepreneurial attitude to build and evolve our offering in a fast-changing, competitive landscape. We work on some of the best brands in South Africa within diverse categories. Our CPT office is looking for a Media Planner to join our team.
Four focus areas:
- Project management- You take ownership of media plans and implementation. Your media plans are considered and accurate and you commit to adhere to the deadlines made to our clients.
- Stakeholder and integration management – You understand that your role is not in isolation of the other partners – e.g Media owners, Account Management, Buying Agencies and Creative teams. As such, your orientation is to drive collaboration and integration in an effort for your teams to work better together.
- Client facing – We are looking for a planner that would be comfortable to share the rationale behind a plan with clients and pro-actively manage the client relationship when it comes to planning and implementation (alongside a strategist.)
- Attention to detail: You pay attention to the detail and worry about the little things, with strong organization, admin and time management skills. You are pro-active to flag any elements that could impact delivery.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Media savvy: You have the ability to have your finger on the pulse when it comes to the media landscape: you are genuinely interest in how people consume media.
- Proactive Problem Solver – Your ability to solve in the positive, makes all the difference, because you not only find and implement solutions, but you do so by consulting with relevant stakeholders to ensure no deadline is missed. You never panic, and instead provides calmness to the storm.
- Integrated: You are able to “connect the dots” and willing to work as an integrated part of our media team. You don’t distinguish between online and offline plans.
- Can-do attitude: We are a small business, so this person will need to have a can-do attitude and willing to work and learn in a fast-paced, exciting environment without feeling overwhelmed.
Six things you must have:
- Matric certificate with college or university exemption
- Must have at least three years’ advertising background with TTL (ATL, & Digital) experience and an understanding of the key departments, processes and structures within a Media Agency
- Maths literate: You must take ownership for your media plans and be super diligent with numbers and a master around excel sheets. We expect the you to quality control your own media plans and client’ budgets; accurately calculate commissions and discounts,be super detailed to track media budgets and commitment deals; spot mistakes.
- Computer literate: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Media industry tools expert: You must have recent experience using Telmar, Transit and Adex.
- Good understanding of the SA research landscape and the various studies to profile media consumption – eg E.S.
We don’t do ego. We solve in the positive.
While we look at every CV submitted to us in detail, given the sheer volume of applications we’re not able to respond to every applicant personally. Rest assured that if we like what we see, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Alternatively, we’ll keep your details on record for future consideration. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Posted on 17 Dec 08:56