|Location:||Cape Town, Stellenbosch|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Lecturer: Investment Management
- A relevant Masters’ degree in Investment Management;
- Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification;
- Subject knowledge in at least three of the following areas: Equity analysis, fixed income securities, derivative instruments, portfolio theory, portfolio management, behavioural finance, investment ethics;
- Lecturing experience in Investment Management modules at undergraduate level.
- Teaching of investment management modules at both undergraduate and post-graduate level;
- Post-graduate supervision up to Masters level;
- Participation in departmental, faculty and university activities;
- Self-initiated research.
- The ability to teach in both Afrikaans and English at the undergraduate level;
- Practical industry experience in an investment-related environment;
- Academic management experience in a university environment.
Commencement of duties: 1 October 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 17 July 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof Christo Boshoff on 021 808 2735
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
Short-listed candidates invited for an interview will be expected to present a lecture on a designated topic to members of the Department of Business Management. If available, examples of the course material (including examination papers and tests) used in previous courses must be presented after the lecture.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 27 Jun 14:40
Get job alerts for Lecturer jobs
- Senior Lecturer- Leadership/Management Coaching, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer – Futures Studies/Systems, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Senior Lecturer – New Testament, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Financial Management – Brand Building 2A Lecturer, Cape Town
- Information Systems Strategy Lecturer, Cape Town
- Game Development 1B Lecturer, Cape Town
- Accounting in Brand Building 1 Lecturer –, Cape Town
- Accounting A/1B Lecturer, Cape Town
- Communications/Business Admin Coordinator, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Junior Photographer/Videographer, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Junior Photographer / Videographer, Cape Town, Muizenberg, Faithful to Nature Recruiter