A leading investment group with a footprint on the African continent seeks the expertise of a lead functional analyst. As part of a team, you will provide consulting, business knowledge and solutions to effectively support the client while integrating technology into the client’s business environment. The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field, have business knowledge and have been exposed to business design, be able to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations. Flexi-hours and shift work will be required as needed.
- Assist with the implementation and support of modules to enhance business functionality and overall performance of the application, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Assist with the design, configuration and testing activities in various modules of the application with regards to new or existing functionality.
- Analyse the current business processes and scenarios and recommend/develop solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Assist for the successful implementation of solutions or upgrades by providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation, and instruction on products to clients.
- Be involved and assist with complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved procedures including upgrades/changes from the vendor.
- Provide feedback and contributions to plans and criteria to be carried out by others.
- Assist seniors to proactively seek opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
- Participate in implementations.
- For a defined component of work assist senior staff to act as liaison with clients and vendors for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse and solve software problems and map client business requirements, processes and objectives; develop necessary product modifications to satisfy clients’ needs.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the organisation and adhere to all organisational standards by asking appropriate questions.
- Assist to keep the application version current and relevant.
- Within a defined component of work assist senior staff to Interpret technical manuals and documentation and provide instruction manuals for non-technical users; assist senior staff to provide training in all modes of usage of systems, products and services providing information on the full range of capabilities including dealing with exception conditions.
- Expand knowledge of the application and database environment in order to perform the necessary data extracts/enquiries.
- Understand the integration of the application within the organisation, at an introductory level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field.
- Business knowledge and exposure to process design.
- Able to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations.
- Able to collaborate with clients and have a strong desire to excel.
- Able to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Must be an effective problem solver.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to
and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 04 Jul 16:40
087 351 0743
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Analyst jobs
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, Westlake
- Senior Research Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Capfin
- Systems Support Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Technical Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Business Analyst (Finance), Cape Town, Brakenfell, The Shoprite Group
- Business Analyst – Procurement, Cape Town, Brakenfell, The Shoprite Group
- Business Analyst II Supply, Cape Town, Brakenfell, The Shoprite Group
- Financial Business Analyst, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Investment Analyst, Cape Town, University Estate
- Customer Insights Analyst, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Senior Marketing Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont, Datafin
- Junior Insights Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont
- Junior Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- QA Analyst, Cape Town, Woodstock, Recruit Digital
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Business Analyst, Capr Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont, Newlands
- Data/Reporting Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- SEO Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Business Analyst – Investments, Cape Town, Datafin
- Senior Support Analyst, Somerset West, Datafin
- Junior SEO Analyst | Digital Advertising Agency, Cape Town, CBD, Amplified Talent
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Digital Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Investment Analyst, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Junior Marketing Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice