An IT services company based in East London requires the services of a Junior System Operator to perform schedule computer and system related tasks including:
– perform sequence of IT operations and commands, by studying a production schedule, to ensure the successful outcome
– perform defined tasks per documented instructions/processes
– prepare equipment for operations by accessing software in computer, and where possible resolves issues and/or exceptions and reports to the appropriate supervisor.
Qualification / Knowledge:
•Minimum 1 years’ IT working experience with contactable references
•Effective communication and written skills
•Computer literacy (Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook email)
•Knowledge, experience in following systems/platforms would be an advantage: Linux; A+ and N+
– To execute the instructions, as specified and shared from the Senior Systems and Database Administrator.
– Answering and Providing after hours telephonic, technical and user support
– Monitor, Execute, Check and document Daily procedures.
– Monitor, Test and Inspect ICT equipment.
– Monitor Daily email notifications and complete Daily Checklists.
– Escalate and Log Risks and Issues as they occur.
– Printing of reports & Statements
– Alternate to work in Shifts between the hours of 16h00 – 07h00