|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Teaching and developing undergraduate courses in statistics and mathematical statistics as well as limited teaching of postgraduate courses under mentorship within the department
- Participation in the department’s research activities
- Supervision of honours students
- An honours degree in statistics and mathematical statistics and enrollment in coursework master’s degree (at least 50% of the course work part of the master’s degree) in statistics or mathematical statistics, with thesis in the process of final completion
- The ability to teach statistics and mathematical statistics at undergraduate level as well as limited teaching at postgraduate level under mentorship in specialist areas where needed
- The ability to develop and present statistics and mathematical statistics modules at undergraduate level with links to data science and financial risk analysis
- The ability to function effectively in a multilingual environment where English and Afrikaans are the dominant languages
- Experience in at least one recognised programming language and one recognised statistics software package
- Experience in lecturing to large groups
- Postgraduate training in extreme value theory and statistical learning theory
Commencement of duties: Both appointments at 1 September 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Closing date: 26 June 2017
Enquiries: Prof PJ Mostert 021 808 3536/808 3244, email:
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The university will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The university reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the university before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports by the closing date directly to the following address: The Manager: Personnel Provisioning and Planning, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602, email:
, fax: 021 808 2484.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The university reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the university within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 09 Jun 12:13
Get job alerts for Lecturer jobs
- Lecturer – Actuarial Science, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Junior Photographer/Videographer, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Junior Photographer / Videographer, Cape Town, Muizenberg, Faithful to Nature Recruiter
- Global Communications Development Manager, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Senior Designer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Internal Communications Manager, Cape Town, Brackenfell
- Digital Marketing Communications Executive, Cape Town