|Location:||Cape Town, Parow|
We are looking for a high potential, diverse, quick thinking, innovative and versatile junior buyer, who is looking to apply their skills and talent to grow in our home department.
Do you envision sourcing, compiling and building a balanced range of curtains and scatter cushions that complement bedroom and living room ranges? Can you see the bigger picture and work collaboratively with your peers to create the perfect story for our customers that reflect the season’s most-wanted homeware fashion colours, prints, look and feel Can you choose exciting products that customers must have as an added item to their basket?
If you can challenge and grow with a team of passionate buyers determined to offer our remarkable customers that most wanted products at the best price, then this role has been especially crafted for you.
To source, compile and build balanced ranges of curtains and scatter cushions that complements products in bedroom and living room departments. To source these items at the best price and provide a fresh product offering that supports the regular Homeware ranges is vital for every season. The commodities selected must contribute to the profit margin and price points of Pep, in accordance with the departmental directive.
- Supplier management (sourcing, negotiating and loading)
- Range selection and building (product sourcing, price tiering and range development)
- Collaborate closely with all Home departments to create balanced assortments.
- Budget and GP management
- Product order management (administration)
- Good understanding of trends and consumer insights
- Close collaboration with planning to support product intent in stores
- Relevant degree or diploma (e.g. clothing/purchasing management)
- Computer literacy (MS Office and Google Suite)
- Creative, eye for detail, analytical and problem-solving
- Minimum of one years’ experience as a fully-fledged buyer with experience in textiles and Home products would be beneficial
- Competencies required: Good communicator, strong team player, confident, strong business acumen, negotiation and influencing, stress tolerance, building and maintaining relationships internally and externally, willingness to travel locally on occasion
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
Posted on 13 Oct 16:55