|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Shared in interview|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Private Property South Africa|
Main Purpose of the Role
This role reports directly to the Finance Manager and will primarily be responsible for the following areas.
This role will timeously manage and control the organisations monthly debtors’ book, in accordance to financial policies; by timeously sending invoices and performing required duties to collecting owed monies with integrity while maintaining sustainable relationships with our customers (Real Estate Agencies). The successful incumbent has experience in the following areas: recovers revenue owing to the business, keeping the debtor’s book within the performance indicators by making sure that the following duties are executed; effectively verifies accounts receivable balances on behalf of the business; sends accurate and timely invoices as often as needed and generates accounts receivable reports. This role will also maintain organized records of paid invoices to track all payment made by customers and parties and adequately matching customer records to the general ledger. The Finance manager will also rely on this role with monthly reporting and the completion of responsibility and demands within the Finance department.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assists the financial manager with supervising and managing the Finance department
- Prepares management reports, including budget, payroll, insurance and tax information
- Ensures reports/documents are forwarded to auditors and maintains applicable documentation
- Informs management as to any discrepancies or any other problem areas that may exist that arise from the audit
- Respond to financial enquiries by gathering, analysing, summarising and interpreting data.
- Prepare specialised reports by studying variances, preparing budgets and developing forecasts.
- Ensure monthly billings are executed
- Reviewing monthly VAT Returns and reconciliations
- Monthly income and expenditure variance analysis as well as investigation of large variances
- Reconciliation of debtors and creditors general ledger to age analysis
- Assistance with budget preparation
- Assistance with monthly management accounts and interims
- Preparation of the general ledger accounts
- Preparation and interpretation of annual financial statements and cash flows
- Meets Accounting Department calendar deadlines
- Assists with the preparation of business plans and special projects
- Other related duties may be assigned as necessary
- Improves process related to above duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and reconcile monthly debit order list for billing and reconciliation; ensuring that completion timeously meets the monthly billing run
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as; data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts
- Summarises receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing reports for senior management as required
- Will be required to maintain bad debt database and communicate stats to management team and sales department
- Moderate customer contracts captured on in-house CRM
- Assists with general financial management and analysis
- Ensure that the monthly debit collection report is generated and shared with management
- Extract, prepare and present revenue reports for various functional business units
- Producing monthly financial and management reports
- Assist FM with month end reporting when required
- Remote working conditions
- Overtime will be required to accommodate departmental deadlines
- Working hours: 8am to 17h00
- Employee benefits – to be discussed at interview stage
An inspiring culture and organisation to be a part of
At Private Property, our values define our culture. These values form the core of who we are as people and inform how we operate our business.
Our culture is built on the following values: Service. Collaboration. Innovation. Agility. Grit.
These values give us purpose and direction as we strive to achieve great things together.
We invest in our people and help them to grow with us. We are proud of the calibre of our people and are successful because of them. We recognise and reward success and look for people who share our passion for innovation and excellence.
What you Need to Succeed
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum accounting degree; BCom accounting degree is preferred
- Minimum four years working in a Finance environment; with exposure to the debtors/accounts receivable environment
- Must be able to manage the Debtors function independently
- Exposure to SAP /other finance packages
- MS Office skills very important particularly Excel (intermediate & advanced)
Posted on 25 Jan 15:21