|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Hungry Lion prides itself on sharing more with its customers by delivering tasty fried chicken with MORE flavour and MORE value. Operating in seven African countries, with over 200 restaurants, the brand strives to provide high-quality products at affordable prices in a modern fast-food environment.
Hungry Lion is a young, fun, dynamic and growing company full of opportunities with little to no corporate politics. Our mandate is to enlist smart, creative and hard-working people. We at Hungry Lion can promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The IT systems administrator is an IT dependency and focused on IT service-centricity, ensuring Head Office and store uptime and functionality as a key component. The primary role of the IT systems administrator is to serve as the primary point of contact for installing, monitoring and maintaining software applications, manage network and technology tools, manage accounts and systems, monitor performance and maintain systems, ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls, upgrade systems with new releases and models, manage incidents, addressing user concerns for both Head Office and stores.
The systems administrator will be providing a communications channel between other IT service management functions and the user community. This function includes infrastructure/service monitoring, remote QSR support via phone, in person, or online via support tools.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of Head office computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide suggestions for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or manage regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Serve as the lead point of contact in POS related/store escalations, incidents, projects and expansions of Retail Office and Wpro support efforts.
- Manage all applications and systems, ensuring all related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Ensure all support SOP are followed and tickets are correctly logged, categorised and prioritised in Fresh Service and in line with IT SOP.
- Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end-users to enable the first point of contact fault resolution and escalations.
- Ensuring all faults are progressed and cleared within SLA.
- Manage escalations to other internal and external teams as appropriate.
- Managing faults and projects through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress.
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks to IT management for analysis and strategic solutions.
- Training and upskilling.
- Manage several scheduled tasks for the department, designed to ensure that all systems remain operational and functional.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques, pertinent questions and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with working on Windows, Chrome, iOS and Linux based distributions (preferably within QSR /retail environment).
- A keen interest in POS software/hardware, POS peripherals, networking and WAN technology.
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer-centric approach to support.
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels in multiple countries.
- Natural aptitude for troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Highly organized and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required.
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours if/when required.
Posted on 07 Sep 12:15