Ensure a smooth running of all information technology systems to prevent disruptions to the operations of the business.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults
- Establish and maintain server room security
- Handle the roll-out of new applications
- Replace parts as required
- Handle all systems backups according to company specifications
- Setup all new user accounts and profiles
- Respond to callouts timeously
- Manage and maintain the CCTV and access control infrastructure
- Liaise with global IT support teams for escalation of issues
- Train end-users on how to use software and hardware
- Participate in special IT projects
- Keep documentation of existing IT installations up to date.
- Provide work instructions and manuals to local users.
- Documentation of incidents and IT tasks within the existing ticketing system
- Develop emergency procedure for IT systems and test on a regular base
- Support the local rollout of global IT and information security policies and procedures.
- Carry out any reasonable instructions from management
- A Matric Certificate
- A Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Systems administration experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A sound knowledge of all hardware and network concepts
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft windows
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Studio
- Anti Virus Software
- Network security and infrastructure
- CCTV Technology
- Access control and time attendance technology
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to perform physical activities
- Troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to work long hours
- Problem-solving and analytical Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Normal vision acuity with the ability to distinguish different colour
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.