|Remuneration:||negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
The IT service manager oversees key IT operations functions that enable the delivery of high-quality service to end users and ensures service support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. The position covers key aspects of IT operations which include but is not limited to server support, end user support, monitoring and alerting and vendor management
Duties and responsibilities:
- Alignment to standards and policies
- Maintain high performing service support functions including IT service desk and desktop support
- Owner of the incident, request, and escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Take ownership of major incidents, coordinate support teams, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control, and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies, and procedures are in place and followed
- Champion service and support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimized and agreed timelines are met
- Be accountable for the quality of service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Lead the desktop management team to continually improve the desktop computing environment
- Work with the technical design team to evolve standards for hardware, software, and security in the desktop environment
- Deliver third line technical support on all systems within area of service
- Coordinate, installs, set up, and completes departmental/branch moves with regards to IT equipment
- Proactive maintenance of all hardware and software infrastructure
- Effective and efficient handling of all incidents with area of service
- Change management within their area of responsibility
Qualifications and experience:
- Three-year diploma (NQF six)
- Three years of Hyper-V, Active Directory, and Exchange experience
- Five or more years’ experience in a corporate environment
- A code eight drivers licence
- A+ and N+
- ITIL Foundations
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Reference Number for this position is LV39002-2017 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg (East Rand) offering a salary negotiable on experience.
The time for change is now! e-Merge IT recruitment is specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Liza on
or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Check out our website www.e-merge.co.za for more positions that might be right for you!
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay big cash to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within two weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
Posted on 03 Jul 15:37
Liza van den Berg
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for IT Support jobs
- Run Manager, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Trainer/Facilitator – Java Development, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- IT Support Engineer, Johannesburg, MPRTC Recruitment
- Trainer/Facilitator – Java Background, Johannesburg, Bedfordview, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Integration Support Specialist, Johannesburg, North, ASC Group
- Junior IT Support Technician, Johannesburg, Roodepoort