- Ad Placed : 06 Apr 2020 21:00:05 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
Reporting to the Chief Information & Digitisation Officer (CIDO), the successful incumbent will be responsible for Operations Management of all live IT Services within the Group, as well as leading the development and implementation of an IT Infrastructure Strategy (including sourcing).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline – essential.
- ITIL certification (preferable).
- 8+ years’ experience in infrastructure operations plus related management experience.
- Experience in the design, implementation and operational management of computer infrastructure.
- Experience with infrastructure implementation, transformation and transition project management.
- Ability to engage the business at an Executive level, as well as managing Technologists.
- Experience in technology strategy development, particularly infrastructure technology, software and associated transition/transformation approaches/strategies.
- Familiar with infrastructure technology licensing models.
- Experience in procurement, contracting and engaging with IT OEM’s.
- Experience in IT Vendor Management.
- Leading and guiding design of implementation and operational management of computer infrastructure, networks and software technologies.
- A self-starter with internal locus of control and ability to operate independently.
- Ability to work in ambiguity and identify and engage key stakeholders in the absence of clearly defined frameworks.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Willing to travel.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assess the current state of management (processes, roles, controls, contracts, tools, etc.) in place for the current Infrastructure and Technology environment.
- Identify requirements and opportunities to improve the Infrastructure and Technology environment.
- Assess the OEM and service provider environment, focussing on leveraging cloud based technologies.
- Contribute to the development of an IT Operating Model.
- Collaborate, and where appropriate Lead, Source and manage IT services and technology providers.
- Develop and establish operations management capability for owned and managed, outsourced, cloud services and hybrid, including leading the transition and transformation.
- Implement and improve Operational IT security.
- Develop and manage the IT Operations budget.
- Involvement in the development and implementation of a Services Management Strategy for the Group.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.