The perfect break and Board Appointment for a successful, experienced HR Executive to join this growing entrepreneurial retail clothing chain comprising 70 branches across South Africa and Neighbouring countries, with a vision for scaling up and rapid expansion.
The position is based in Durban and will involve approximately two to three nights of national travel per month.
Lead the HR Function and take charge of the development and implementation of the Human Resource Strategy. As a member of Exco, you will ensure alignment between the people, skills development strategy and the overall strategy of the business.
- Manage HR Department (HR Manager, Training, Industrial Relations and Payroll)
- Create and implement HR Strategy
- Manage HR Business Unit Performance
- Create and implement capacity/workforce plan and focused strategic talent management and succession plan
- Drive implementation of organisational transformation targets and objectives
- Ensure the development of an appropriate training strategy
- Manage Industrial Relations and ensure compliance with legislation and policies
- Create and manage performance, remuneration and benefits structures
- Manage Human Capital and ensure staff are aligned to the values, policies, vision and direction of the company
- Ensure integrity of payroll, personnel data and HR Information Systems
- Proactively drive the HR portfolio forwards, ensuring ongoing evaluation and benchmarking against best practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Post graduate HR related qualification would be preferred.
- Successful HR track record at an Executive level. Eight to 10 years’ HR Generalist experience at a management level, with at least three years in a Senior HR Management Role
- Retail experience / detailed knowledge of SA Retail landscape is an advantage
- Industrial Relations, collective bargaining and dispute resolution experience
- Experience in working in different regions across South Africa / Southern Africa would be an advantage
- Results orientated, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgement, client-centric, strong leadership skills
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret financial reports and legal documents
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- High level of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, motivation and empathy)
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment through an inherent understanding of the delicate balance between implementing structures and remaining responsive to the market.
- Ability to add to the CEO’s vision yet bring structure required to actively move towards that vision – the ability to start, drive and complete projects, to bring ideas to life.
Posted on 22 Jun 08:46
Sandi Crowther Recruitment
One of the most established team of Recruitment Consultants in Durban with a reputation for sourcing and placing top quality candidates at select companies.