- Ad Placed : 18 Sep 2020 06:00:54 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
Our client, a Global Manufacturing leader, is currently seeking the services of an experienced Health and Safety Manager, to manage the Field Safety and Product Stewardship Programs to ensure the protection of the health and safety of their associates, customers, contractors and public.
You will be required to perform functions over a wide area, as well as the Sales Division sites in and around South Africa.
- A qualification in Health and Safety Environment is required.
- Accredited SAMTRAC, NEBOSH, HIRA, Incident investigation is required.
- B.Sc or equivalent in Chemistry/Engineering an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ safety experience in a chemical or related process manufacturing industry.
- HAZOP and installation experience essential.
- Advanced knowledge of legislative and accredited Safety Management Systems pertaining to safety (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001) and OSH Act, essential.
- Strong Occupational Safety background?
- Strong Environmental background?
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and improve the risk management process to ensure effective mitigation of risks through participation and provide guidance for Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA), Management of Change (MOC), Incident and Accidents and HAZOPS.
- Co-ordinate and improve the Health, Safety and Environmental Programs to ensure a safe and environmentally sound operation.
- Conduct safety training and compile contractor safety files as per customer requirements and involvement in emergency drills.
- Ensure compliance to corporate requirements, policies and procedures pertaining to ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and Responsible Care and other subscribed requirements.
- Manage/conduct internal and external audits aligned to Corporate and Legal requirements.
- Compile and conduct SHERQ related training.
- Participate in Global SHERQ initiatives.
- Manage the Field SHE Co-ordinators.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Good knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of SHE fundamentals as well as excellent knowledge of relevant policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant corporate governance requirements and South African Legal Requirements.
- Ability to communicate at all Levels, and support the SHERQ Manager in driving safety campaigns as well as Training.
The successful candidate will be:
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Able to handle pressure.
- Assertive problem solver with decision making abilities.
- A team member who is self-motivated.
- Strong business acumen and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Organized and self-disciplined.
This fast-paced, but friendly environment offers a career which is challenging, with great prospects for growth.
Please note, if you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.