|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||The Heart and Stroke Foundation|
The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA), a non-profit organisation, is seeking to appoint one health promotion officer to be based in our offices in Port Elizabeth. The applicant must be able to fulfill the primary goal of the Health Promotion Programme which is the prevention of cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke) through various activities, including health screenings and health education talks.
Duties would include:
- Community-based health-promoting activities through health screenings, health education talks participating in community-based events and capacity building
- Develop partnerships with key people, communities and organisations, including the private sector, who can influence public health
- Implement activities based on the strategic plan of HSFSA
- Written and verbal communication with the public, media and partners
- A team player with a strong work ethic
- A health-related degree, diploma or certified qualification. Preference will be given to applicants with a nursing qualification and those who are registered community health workers
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a health-related field (including health promotion)
- Experience in data collection for research-related activities will be an advantage
- Ability to collate and write reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English and Afrikaans
- Must be computer literate (including, word, excel and Google Drive)
- Have a South African driver’s license
- Own transport will be an advantage
Term: Half day position up until mid-December 2018, with the possibility of extension.
For more details about the position please contact Dana Govender on 031 261 9055 or email
Send your CV with three contactable referees to Bianca Snyders:
Tel: (021) 422 1586
Closing date: 23 July 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posted on 09 Jul 15:11
021 422 1586
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.