Main Objective for the Position
- The Short Learning Programmes Department aims to offers high-quality industry specific courses in a predominantly self-directed and eLearning environment to students across Southern Africa.
- Leading transformational change in reviewing and development of short courses and digitisation of learning experience that results in a value proposition that attract the right calibre of student in a profitable manner.
- Develop internal and external capacity that aligns to the strategic direction of the organisation and drives high performance results in both student success and stakeholder expectations.
- Integrate as part of the institutional leadership to develop and implement strategic growth plans.
Key Performance Areas
- eLearning Leadership
- Programme Expansion
- Teaching & Learning
- Quality & Compliance
- Academic citizenship / Community Engagement / Research
- Leadership and People Management
Essential Work Experience
- Six years teaching/lecturing at a recognised tertiary institution in the field of Business Management or a cognate discipline.
- Successful track record in operational management of a high student volume digitised learning environment
- Curriculum design, learning material development, assessment development, course certification and taking it to market.
- Experience in learning material development, instructional design and assessment design using digital formats and tools, including digital authoring tools (such as Articulate, etc.).
- Proven track record in executing on online teaching and learning.
- Previous application of learning management systems, such as Moodle, Blackboard etc, and other relevant digital education technologies.
- Familiarity with the role of technology in education management and course delivery.
- Previous experience in leading successful change initiatives and projects in education.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Post Graduate qualification in an academic related field; OR
- Honours degree with a postgraduate qualification in education.
- A postgraduate qualification in a Business Management discipline or a cognate field will be advantageous.
- eLearning development courses successfully completed
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.