Our client is seeking a Group SHERQ Manager to ensure that a high level of Compliance is maintained at the manufacturing facility and all national warehouses. It also requires that all Management Systems and operational requirements are implemented and maintained.
Open position : Group SHERQ Manager
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Job requirements :
• At least 5 years’ experience as a SHERQ Manager
• Production environment experience
• Must have own reliable transport
• SHEQ representative training
• HIRA Training and certification
• Plastic sheet extrusion experience is advantageous
• Report writing and investigations
• Computer Literate in MS Office Package
• Leadership skills
• Performance orientated
• Team player
• Self-starter, Confident and meticulous
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
• Analytical- attention to detail, reliable, able to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines
• Understanding of the disciplinary process
• Compiling Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’) and other operational documentation, e.g. Work Instructions, Flow Diagrams and Quality Processes.
• Ensure that all departments are aware of their applicable procedures and responsibilities, and that training on these are conducted.
• Ensure that all legal documentation is up to date and most recent copy on file for audit purposes.
• Ensure that business complies with all applicable legislation concerning Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Investigate, manage, and put in place preventive action for incidents and accidents.
• Ensure that the regions comply with business requirements as well as internal compliance audits.
• Ensure that all EHS filing is up to date and easily retrievable during audits.
• Ensure that all Approved Service Providers have provided the required legal and compliance documentation.
• Ensure that monthly H&S meetings are held and that any issues are reported to the 16.2 (Responsible department) and closed out timeously.
• Ensure that Responsible Managers are made aware of resources needed to enable staff to attend scheduled SOP training or external training sessions.
• Attend any other training (internal or external) as per the training matrix that is required for you to perform your duties.
• Ensure that Training Matrix is up to date and follow up on any outstanding training.
• Provide in-house SOP training to all Management and Controllers / Supervisors
• Ensure that Management allows for adequate daily time to be spent on QMS.
• Ensure that adequate communication channels are open to discuss the QMS progress and development within the depot.
• Ensure that documents and records in your area is controlled as per the QMS and that all absolute and outdated documents are dealt with according to the relevant procedure.
• Issuing and retrieval of Non-Conformances and following up to ensure that it is closed out in time.
• Ensure that yearly Management Reviews are conducted, and it is attended by all involved.
• Conducting Internal Audit yearly on Management System and reporting back to Executive Team.
• Risk assessments and ensuring compliance throughout the organization.
• Oversee all audits from Internal and External origin.
• Ensure that audit reports are received and responded to in a timeous manner.
• Ensure that all findings are followed up on, and appropriate corrective action is taken with sufficient evidence to ensure that finding is closed out.
• In conjunction with HR ensure that all employment equity planning is done
• Assist with compiling the employment equity submissions as required
• Chair quarterly employment equity meetings
• Drive change in the organization
Should you meet the above job requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add “Group SHERQ Manager” into the subject line of your email.
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful.