|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A well respected, awarded and established ad agency is on the lookout for a Group Head/Associate Creative Director to join their Port Elizabeth studio. The ideal candidate has strong conceptual skills and a portfolio of work that is of an award-winning calibre. The successful applicant will assist in leading a team of creatives in a way that pushes ideas to explore new/exciting avenues resulting in innovative work, which utilises the creative talents of the team. The successful ACD would work in collaboration with an existing ACD who leads the design team. We’re looking for someone with traditional through-the-line agency experience, more weighted to integrated above-the-line. This role could suit a Group Head. This is a fantastic job opportunity in PE, don’t miss out!
- Oversight and leadership of the team including staff contentment and effective functionality
- Provide and maintain high standards of creativity by constantly delivering work of the highest calibre for clients across all integrated services
- Manage creative processes and collaboration of Creative Department
- Conduct Creative Project planning including reviews in collaboration with Traffic and relevant Client Service personnel to input and advise on effective creative resourcing per project
- Work with the Business Group Heads and has knowledge of all projects in the system
- Lead and own the creative component during pitch opportunities by playing a leading role in new business conversion through creative application
- Proactively deliver creative that is on brief, on brand and within budget
- Review and approve briefs
- Attends and participate actively in relevant briefing sessions
- Effective and regular collaborator with our client facing and strategy teams.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree in Advertising, Branding, Integrated Marketing/or equivalent
- A solid background in Copywriting or Art Direction
- Both Conceptually and Technically skilled
- Agency experience and Agency process knowledge is advantageous
- 5+ years’ experience in an Advertising/Branding environment
- Knowledge of industry best practice, both local and globally
- Displays understanding of clients, their brands and businesses
- Proven conceptual portfolio
- Pragmatic – solutions driven
- High accountability
- Works well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Social and Team Orientation
- Strategic Insight
- Intercultural mindset
- Ability to recognise and nurture ideas
- Operational Excellence (Efficient, agile, organised, effective in processes)
- Passionate about pushing creative ideas, exploring new and exciting avenues.
Please submit your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 04 Nov 18:06