Our listed client, is a supplier of an extensive range of quality products to many industries in Africa and the World.
Purpose of the role:
Responsibility for the Corporate Office finance function, including:
- Corporate & financial reporting and accounting;
- Taxation matters of the group;
- Financial risk management, compliance, systems, processes and internal controls;
- Digital, business intelligence and analytics;
- Financial audits and assurance; and
- Group accounts payable.
Minimum Qualifications required:
- Qualified Accountant CA (SA).
- Strong academic record of success.
Minimum experience required:
- At least 5 years post-qualifying experience.
- Management of Head Office finance / corporate accounting function in a medium to large corporate environment
- People management and track record of leading change.
- Strong technical accounting and taxation background and ability.
- Up to date knowledge and application of IFRS, income tax and VAT.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Financial systems, processes and controls – demonstration of implementation and management of SoP’s, accounting manuals, internal control frameworks.
- Financial reporting and consolidations – external and internal (including, financial presentations, AFS, integrated report).
- Successful management of external / internal audit processes.
- Listed Company experience.
- Implementation, enhancement and upgrade of financial reporting, business intelligence & analytics, and ERP systems.
- Digital leadership and automation.
- Corporate action / equity raising / due diligence / acquisitions & disposals.
- Financial Risk management and Treasury.
- Corporate/Financial Reporting and Accounting:
- Manage the external financial reporting of the group.
- Manage the integrated reporting of the group.
- Oversee taxation in the group
- Income tax
- Employees tax
- Carbon tax
- Lead the group’s Tax Risk Committee.
- Compliance, Financial Statement Risk Management, Systems, Processes & Controls:
- Lead the group’s financial statement risk management processes.
- Oversight for group-wide internal financial controls.
- Develop and maintain an internal financial control improvement plan, knowledge management and monitoring programme for the group.
- Primary responsibility for financial regulatory compliance obligations.
- Lead and participate in overall financial governance of the group.
- Lead the group’s Finance Committee.
- Participate in the group’s Audit Committee; primary responsibility for the preparation of committee papers and reports.
- Digital Leadership, Business Intelligence and Analytics:
- Oversight of the group’s financial reporting systems.
- Lead the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and upgrading of the group’s financial reporting systems.
- Provide digital leadership in the financial function.
- Financial Audits and Assurance:
- Oversee the external financial audit process.
- Key contributor to the group’s integrated assurance model.
- Corporate Accounting Function:
- Oversee the head office accounting function.
- Budgeting and Cost Management:
- Oversee budget process and develop functional budget (Operating and Capex).
- Identify and manage cost improvement projects.
- Monitor and authorise major costs.
- Strategic Projects and other:
- Contribute to strategic projects and business plans.
- Assist in shareholder management activities.
- Assist in acquisitions and disposals.
- Advise on the accounting, tax, valuation and governance requirements and implications of BEE structures, share incentives.
- People Engagement, Management and Development:
- Organisational resources and structuring.
- Assist with the recruitment and development of competent and motivated staff in the Corporate Accounting and Creditors departments.
- Talent and performance management.
- Strategic thinking.
- Analytical thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Judgement/decision making.
- Attention to detail.
- Building positive work relationships.
- Organisational awareness.
- Achieving results.
- Critical information seeking.
- Taking accountability.
Please note, if you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.