|Location:||Cape Town CBD|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
A new opportunity has just become available in our Leisurewear Department for a resilient, innovative and thorough QC / Garment Technologist who can add value to our Old Khaki Ladies apparel. This position will be available for a 3 month duration.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to significantly contribute towards the achievement of our department and business objectives as well as have the high energy levels required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measurements, fits and grading of all Old Khaki Ladies garments
- Manage and improve on garment quality standards
- QA report management
- Liaise with suppliers regarding fits and grading of ladies styles under development
- Solution driven investigation into quality queries
- Liaising with DC QC team on approvals & quality issues
- Quality control checks against samples & approved fit
- Creation of seasonal tech packs
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Grade 12
- Tertiary clothing/textile/garment construction qualification
- Preference will be given to candidates who have 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- A valid driver’s license (advantage)
- Experience working in a clothing retail environment is an important requirement
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages is required
- Medium to high level of Excel experience (advantageous)
- A working knowledge of garment/pattern construction is essential
Job Related Competencies
- Working knowledge of the retail cycle and clothing construction principles and processes.
- A passion for keeping up to date with local and international market trends
- Detail oriented
- Proactive and lateral thinker
- Ability to build and maintain influential relationships at various levels and across business functions
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Proven prioritization and time management skills
- The agility and resilience to maintain high levels of drive and initiative under pressure
In light of COVID-19, shortlisted candidates would need to make themselves available to be interviewed via Skype. Timeframes for the recruitment process may be impacted by the lock down.
Posted on 03 Apr 15:17
Cape Union Mart
Cape Union Mart International (Pty) Ltd has been equipping South African adventurers since 1933, and is South Africa’s favourite outdoor adventure store. Stocking everything one needs for outdoor pursuits – including hiking, camping, trail running, mountain biking, snow sports, travel and more – Cape Union Mart is an essential first step in every adventure. Cape Union Mart has stores across South Africa, and in Namibia and Botswana.