|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Lowveld Media is a dynamic, award-winning media house in Mbombela, Mpumalanga combining cutting–edge digital media and known for its high standard of journalistic excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate full-time environmental journalist who can write on a variety of environmental topics.
Minimum education and/or qualifications preferred:
Journalism degree with three years’ experience in environmental journalism.
- Substantial experience working as an environmental journalist in breaking news stories
- A solid understanding of news writing and journalistic ethics
- Knowledge of the environmental landscape including, regulations and legislation
- Solid knowledge of our national parks and related issues such as rhino and elephant poaching
- The ability to build relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates the company from its competitors
- Experience with search engine practices
- Experience in multiple platforms, including print, social media, and other relevant platforms
- To excel in this role, you will be a driven, dynamic journalist and have the ability to deliver content of excellence
- Because we conform to a print and digital working environment you must be comfortable to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven newsroom
- Good interviewing skills and an excellent command in English and Afrikaans
- Photographic skills
- Computer literate
- Must have own vehicle and valid drivers licence
- Accountable and responsible
- Detail-orientated and focused
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
Closing date: June 15, 2017
Posted on 05 Jun 15:25
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.