A manufacturing concern is seeking an Enterprise Architect to define, implement, and execute processes for the definition, maintenance, and conformance management of the IT Enterprise Architecture.
Open position : Enterprise Architect
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Strictly EE / AA position
•Relevant 3 year degree or diploma
• Three years relevant technical experience in the IT field
• Excellent understanding of general business processes
• Aspirations to be an IT Enterprise Architect (Training will be provided)
• Certifications in recognised frameworks e.g. TOGAF, Prince2 would be beneficial
• Experience in the IT Architecture / Enterprise Architecture field would be an advantage
• Experience as a technical lead for a major technology implementation would be a great advantage
•Creation, maintenance and management of companywide IT architecture models and their lower level components (Enterprise Architecture)
•Ensuring that the overall IT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its security and quality
•Ensuring that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organisation’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards
•Execution of the architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues, as well as for the ongoing publicity and communication of the Enterprise Architecture, both within the information community, and the business units
•Carrying out ongoing research and assessment of new technologies for potential use within the Enterprise.
• Company will consider applicants who have relevant IT experience and wish to develop into the role of Enterprise Architect. Training will be provided.
• The IT Enterprise Architect recommends and leads activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA).
• Researches overall ICT solutions on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs
• Conducts and/or actively participates in meetings related to designated project/s, both locally and internationally, with clients and/or partners
• Advises and recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies
• Recommends and leads the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
• Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
• Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the EA
•Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level.
• Recommends and participates in the development of architecture blueprints for related systems
• Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption
• Recommends and participates in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies
Candidates meeting the above job requirements are invited to email their CV to email@example.com
Please include “Enterprise Architect” to the subject line of your email.
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful