|Remuneration:||R9000 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Discovery Life Cover|
|Company:||Community Media Trust|
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health-seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand. Please visit our website to find out more about CMT – www.cmt.org.za
CMT wishes to appoint two suitably experienced individuals to serve as drivers in Brits. Applicants must have an unendorsed valid SA drivers’ licence with a PDP and be available to start immediately. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key duties and responsibilities (may include but are not limited to)
- Careful and cautious driving of vehicles
- Abiding by the rules of road and being responsible for any/all traffic fines incurred
- Inspecting cars for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips and submitting written reports on the condition of the vehicle(s) each month
- Reporting any problems with vehicle(s) and ensuring it is repaired
- Completing and maintaining an accurate vehicle log book
- Management of petrol card and vehicle keys
- Ensuring vehicle is well maintained, is kept clean and receives regular services
- Ensuring car is safely parked at office premises overnight and is locked and alarmed
- Passenger transporter – driving Brits field staff for work-related meetings/events
- Running errands for work-related needs
- Providing support for team overall
- To complete ad-hoc duties as requested from time to time by your supervisor.
To apply please submit
- Your updated CV (maximum 3 pages) which includes a one-page motivational cover letter.
To the attention HR assistant – az.gro.tmc@tnemtiurcer quoting the job reference: DRIVBRIT_SEP2020 in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only online applications with all the above documents will be accepted. CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with the intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Closing date: 23 September 2020 (12:00 PM)
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Minimum three years of driving experience
- Unendorsed valid SA Code 8 or 10 drivers licence with a PDP
- Fully functioning mobile phone
- Good Vehicle maintenance experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to manage petty cash issued
- Knowledge of Ekurhuleni and surrounds
- Punctuality, discretion, tact and diplomacy (essential to maintain complete confidentiality of information)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability
- Planning, organising and accuracy
- Enjoy travelling as part of the norm
- Can do attitude
Posted on 15 Sep 14:54