|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a stunning job opportunity for a mid to senior Digital Content Editor at a renowned through-the-line agency’s Cape Town office. The agency combines incisive strategy, award-winning creativity and cutting-edge technology to transform their client’s business. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Digital Content Editor to primarily work on a financial services client as well as other clients across the FMCG, retail and automotive sectors. Our client is looking for a mid to senior candidate with strong writing and editing skills and extensive digital marketing/publishing experience. You must be comfortable with Content Marketing on Social and Digital channels. This is a client facing role and the ability to build relationships and network with clients is a must. If you are a digitally savvy editor and content strategist with creative and conceptual skills, you will shine in this role!
Content Planning, Creation, Editing & Management
- In collaboration with client, plot monthly communication schedule (promotional mailers, newsletters, SMSs, web banners, social media posts).
- Plan related content to support the monthly planning (write or commission, edit).
- Commission writers and maintain a good freelance base of expert writers to contribute as needed.
- Write copy as required for the elements (or brief junior writer to write as required).
- Brief the communication elements into design studio and manage the process, with guidance for creative look and feel.
- Conceptualise and write copy for communication elements as required by the client.
- Strong writing skills to ensure style is consistent and that complicated topics are clearly explained to the member.
- Ability to plan and edit content to take it to the next level, including turning articles into infographics, generating increasingly interactive and personalised content (like quizzes, gamification etc.)
- Strong understanding of Google and Facebook analytics; able to compile reports on content performance for clients and present these to key stakeholders monthly.
- Manage content budgets and timings, with the support of client service team.
- Lead content marketing strategy for clients across digital platforms and channels.
- Take briefs from clients or potential clients, perform content audits and reviews and provide content marketing strategy, across print and digital.
- Support teams in pitches by providing strategic content thinking for a variety of potential clients.
- Constantly review the content marketing strategy you are implementing with your clients and optimise for best results; ensure all content produced is insights-led and performance-based.
- Advise on content marketing and digital content best practice, for both in-house team and clients.
Relationship & Network
- Grow meaningful, trust-based relationships with clients to ensure long-lasting business agreements that deliver on client needs.
- Manage client relationships and place the client at the heart of your work.
- Identify new business opportunities and nurture relationships with key stakeholders to allow for business growth.
- Build trust-filled relationships within your team and among your peers at the agency so that you are both a pleasure to work with, and you enjoy working with those around you.
- Manage any junior staff members allocated to your team, including mentoring their professional growth and becoming invested in their future at the agency.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong editorial and communications background across multiple platforms
- Digital marketing/publishing experience is critical
- Comfortable with Content Marketing on Social and Digital channels
- Very strong English language writing and editing skills
- Able to oversee work delivered for clients.
- Must have previous experience in digital marketing/magazine publishing
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Able to hit the ground running
- Leadership ability
- Excellent client service and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and plan across a range of projects.
- Solid time management skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and make things happen
- Ability to bring creative thinking to a range of different marketing and content opportunities. Need to think out of the box!
- Ability to be firm in one’s beliefs on what makes great content
- People person, with good problem-solving skills and the ability to represent the agency in front of clients
- Be a strong leadership figure
- Confident reporting and presenting to key clients
- Comfortable tackling a range of content pillars, including content for clients in: financial services, FMCG, alcohol and more
- Well-versed in digital content best-practice and strategy, from mainstream social media channels and websites to digital magazines, WhatsApp and more
- Strong journalistic network of content writers, creators and producers for commissioning work
- Fundamentally passionate about the power of content and content marketing, be excited by delivering great work to clients, and be willing to go above and beyond, outside of the 9-to-5
- Creatively minded and able to assist with creative direction on shoots.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 17 Dec 16:43