- Ad Placed : 13 Oct 2020 06:30:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Data Capturer – School Based HIV and GBV Prevention Programme vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium’s Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in King Cethwayo District – KwaZulu Natal.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Main purpose of the job
- To coordinate the data processing and data management activities in fixed facilities (clinics) and roving mobile units, such as developing standard operating procedures, overseeing data capturing and providing analysis output and data quality control.
- Wits RHI – KCD (King Cethwayo District)
Key performance areas
- Receive patient data from Clinicians for data capturing.
- Identify missing data, inconsistencies and errors and follow-up or report on missing data or errors.
- Capture confidential information.
- Compare data entered with source documents and make necessary corrections to information entered.
- Perform data cleaning.
- Perform regular data back ups.
- File patient documents according to protocol.
- Maintain an effective and efficient filing system.
- Distribute data and reports to relevant team members.
- Provide administrative support i.e. copying, faxing, filing, archiving etc.
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self management.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
- Take ownership for driving own career development.
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12 with basic computer and typing skills are essential.
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in data capturing or administration.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Certification in good data practice and experience in a community or healthcare facility environment will be an advantage.
- Thorough with good attention to detail. Ordered and systematic with strict compliance to protocols.
- Good administrative skills are required together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database packages.
- Able to work to deadlines. Demonstrated data capturing speed and accuracy.
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion must be maintained at all times.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a multidisciplinary
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 16 October 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position