|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, South End|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Boomtown is looking for an associate Creative Group Head with strong conceptual skills and a portfolio of work that is of an award-winning calibre to join us. The candidate will assist in leading a team of creatives in a way that pushes ideas to explore new/exciting avenues resulting innovative work, which utilises creative talents of the team. The successful Creative Group Head would work in collaboration with an existing Creative Group Head who leads our design team.
Job duties/key responsibilities
- Oversight and leadership of the team including staff contentment and effective functionality of team
- Provide and maintain high standards of creativity by constantly delivering work of the highest calibre for clients across all integrated services
- Manage creative processes and collaboration of Creative Department
- Conduct Creative Project planning including reviews in collaboration with Traffic and relevant Client Service personnel to input and advise on effective creative resourcing per project
- Work with the Business Group Heads and has knowledge of all projects in the system
- Lead and own the creative component during pitch opportunities by playing a leading role in new business conversion through creative application
- Proactively deliver creative that is on brief, on brand and within budget
- Review and approve briefs
- Attends and participate actively in relevant briefing sessions
- Effective and regular collaborator with our client facing and strategy teams
Our cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market, and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
- Qualification in advertising, branding, integrated marketing or degree or equivalent
- A solid background in copywriting and/or design and art direction.
- Both conceptually and technically skilled.
- Agency experience and agency process knowledge is advantageous
- Four+ years’ experience in advertising/branding environment
- Knowledge of industry best practice, both local and globally
- Displays understanding of our clients, their brands and businesses
- Pragmatic solutions driven
- High accountability
- Works well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Social and Team Orientation
- Strategic Insight
- Intercultural mindset
- Ability to recognise and nurture ideas
- Operational Excellence (Efficient, agile, organised, effective in processes)
- Passionate about pushing creative ideas, exploring new and exciting avenues
Posted on 09 Dec 06:37