Location: Hoedspruit (or within one-hour drive)
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Type of Role: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Are you exceptionally talented at writing, editing and creating content, while also passionate about South African wildlife? Do you live in the Hoedspruit area? This is the dream role for someone who is passionate about content creation of the African bush!
About the Role
We are seeking a content specialist, writer and editor to help drive forward the growth of Bushwise, GVI’s sister company, through content creation that creates engagement and ultimate leads to response. This exciting role will be in charge of capturing or creating, editing and publishing inspirational and engaging content for Bushwise, the most comprehensive, accredited Field Guide Training Provider in South Africa. You’re likely to visit the beautiful Bushwise campus in Hoedspruit multiple times a week, and produce content across all Bushwise channels, including but not limited to social media, YouTube, email, blog, paid media and the website.
- Planning, managing, writing and implementing the content calendar for all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Community management across all social media platforms
- Planning, managing, writing, editing and implementing the content calendar for blog, in liaison with the Bushwise field team.
- Planning, managing, writing and implementing the content calendar for email marketing
- Creating or adapting auto-email remarketing templates
- Writing ad copy across all paid channels including Google Search, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Writing and editing web copy that engages and converts across the entirety of each site
- Managing the creation of and rolling out promotions across all marketing touchpoints
- Setting up and running a successful YouTube channel, using content collected and edited from the Bushwise campus
- Streaming and posting live or edited content from the Bushwise campus and surrounding areas
- Driving a structured and ongoing process of gaining reviews from students across all programs
- Gaining high-quality content from students on campus, such as photos, videos and testimonials
- Keeping all third party website content updated, such as that on Go Abroad or Go Overseas.
- Writing copy and organising production for ad hoc items such as sales resources, brochures, posters and other printed or digital materials
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience in a marketing or communications related space
- Video editing skills
- Experience with WordPress
- Attention to detail, impressive organisational skills, a structured thinker and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Knowledge of or experience in the lodge industry or field guiding sector
If you match the above requirements, please email your CV, along with a short motivation as to why this is the perfect role for you, to email@example.com. Please also include the subject line “Application for Bushwise Content Specialist” in your email application.
Please note: applications without both a CV and a motivation will not be reviewed.
GVI and Bushwise are sister companies working together, therefore this role will work with both teams. For more info on Bushwise, visit https://www.bushwise.co.za/.
Posted on 30 Nov 13:30