|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Gap Cover, Pension, Annual Bonus, Personal and Career Growth Opportunities, Work Experience with a Global Team, Flexi-Hours|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
Direct reports: Senior SEO Manager
The content marketing manager plays a key role within the SEO and social media department. The role is both creative and managerial, responsible for contributing heavily to strategy as well as the tactical execution, coordination, and quality assurance of daily content creation for the marketing activities across chosen campaigns.
The content marketing manager will head up content activities across their allocated campaigns and position themselves as the leading content-related expert within their given projects, liaising with the wider internal team at Jellyfish and also fulfilling client-facing responsibilities when required. They will be an experienced content creator with strong working knowledge in search engine optimisation and social media marketing.
Part of the content marketing manager’s role will be to work to ensure that scheduling, tasking, and reviewing the monthly progress of content production within his/her campaigns is smooth and effective.
- Liaise with clients, SEO practitioners, social media practitioners, and account managers to form monthly plans for content delivery.
- Work closely with internal SEO managers, social media managers, and account managers to assist in the creation and implementation of content marketing strategies.
- Produce high-quality content across a wide range of subject matter, utilising different tones of voice as appropriate.
- Possess outreach, relationship-building, and relationship-nurturing capabilities in activities geared towards obtaining excellent, authoritative placement and promotion of content.
- Coordinate content-based activity and processes required to effectively run SEO and social media campaigns.
- Assist in the scheduling of monthly activity on allocated campaigns and review progress throughout the month.
- Ensure that time allotted to assignments is appropriately used.
- Create audience personas for use across client campaigns.
- Use technology to source data that can be used to build targeted and effective content marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with internal specialists to facilitate the production of client-facing deliverables and campaign materials.
- Proofread and thoroughly review all campaign content.
- Take ownership of the QA process for relevant campaign work.
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients for the day-to-day requirements of content activity within search and social campaigns.
- Nurture and develop relationships with internal staff for the day-to-day requirements of project work.
- Develop a high level of search engine marketing expertise on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively assess practices and methods within the agency’s international content teams and constructively suggest where and how improvements can be made to continue developing high standards of work.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of project-based problems.
- Contribute to pitches
- Report to heads of departments and your line manager.
Jellyfish is an award-winning global digital agency, leading the way in search marketing techniques.
Key skills and attributes
- Flexibility to adapt
- A confident manner with a positive attitude and good sense of humour.
- Professional pride and attention to detail.
- An in-depth understanding of the internet: you use the web for research and to further your learning by reading a wide range of online content.
- A key interest in the segmentation and targeting of audiences.
- An interest in user experience and the creation of content that responds to different audience segments across specific parts of their user journeys.
- The ability to take direction positively from clients and senior members of staff, as well as contribute fresh ideas.
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Able to work under pressure and meet key deadlines.
- Open, honest and direct. Comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and from clients.
- Articulate English skills: you must be able to use language persuasively as well as spot a grammatical or spelling error a mile off.
- Experience and knowledge of working with social media are important, and a good knowledge of social media monitoring and metrics is crucial.
- Strong communication skills: you will be required to discuss project plans, strategies, and results with project leaders.
- Excellent organisational skills are a must, as the role will require you to assist with multiple priorities, projects, and relationships.
- Creative and capable of conceptualising and executing unique ideas under pressure.
- Confident in pitching and concisely communicating creative, strategic, and professional ideas.
- A self-motivated individual who consistently monitors their respective landscape in order to keep up to speed with industry developments, new tactics, and thought leadership.
- A natural intuition to understand what does or does not fit within a client’s brand ethics.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word.
- A good understanding of Google Analytics, Brandwatch, Searchmetrics, and Gorkana.
- WordPress and/or HTML and CSS experience helpful.
Posted on 12 Jun 15:39
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.