COMPANY SECRETARY- 6 MONTHS CONTRACT
The candidate will report to the Executive Manager: Legal Compliance and Governance. To guide the Board and company on corporate governance matters; to ensure compliance with legislation.
- B Com / LLB (relevant financial or legal tertiary qualification)
- CIS certification will be added advantage
- Minimum 5 years as Company Secretary
- Must currently live in the Eastern Cape OR be willing to relocate
- Must come from a government/public services institution
- Ensure that statutory documentation within the organisation is in order (e.g. register of Directors, minutes, articles, legislation for Board)
- Compile any outstanding statutory documentation
- Facilitate the induction of Directors on the Board
- Review and analyse current legislation and regulations to determine and confirm the areas of compliance
- Utilise legislative compliance tool to assist in gauging the level of compliance within the company
- Manage Corporate Governance at the level of the Board and throughout the Organisation
- Develop a corporate governance framework to set out the Board Governance structure
- Ensure a subsidiary company policy exists to govern the relationship between the organisation and the subsidiary
- Participate in Board Committee meetings (e.g. HR Remuneration, Audit Risk and Compliance, Funding and Investment & Governance and Nominations)
- Take minutes of committee meetings and distribute the actions to be implemented to the various stakeholders
- Collate the data into the required format for producing the report
- Generate the report utilising the information in accordance with policies and procedures
Please only apply if you meet all the minimum requirements mentioned above. If you do not receive a response to your application in 2 weeks please presume your application was unsuccessful.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.