|Remuneration:||R12500 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Discovery Life Cover|
|Company:||Community Media Trust|
CMT wishes to employ a suitably qualified/experienced community liaison officer in Klerksdorp. The position would suit somebody who lives in/around Klerksdorp. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key duties and responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Gain and support community entry
- Attend relevant community and stakeholder meetings in order to promote the programme and ensure that the community is kept abreast of activities
- Represent CMT at local structures
- Work closely with the project coordinator and facilitators to fulfil the project goals
- Host, organise and attend meetings with relevant stakeholders and partner organisations
- Assist in finding venues/sites for HIV prevention programme sessions
- Comply with ad-hoc requests from your supervisor
- complete our Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies
- attach your comprehensive CV
- quote the reference number CLO/DRKK1120 in the email subject line to the attention of the HR Assistant at az.gro.tmc@tnemtiurcer
Only emailed applications with both the above attachments and the correct reference number will be accepted. An application which does not comply with all of the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete and will not be viewed.
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Closing date: 18 November (12:00 PM)
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health-seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand. Please visit our website to find out more about CMT – www.cmt.org.za
- Matric (or equivalent)
- Training on HIV/AIDS, TB and STIs is essential
- Minimum of three year’s work experience engaging with communities is essential
- Experience working with community stakeholders
- An understanding of local culture
- Fluency in English and Tswana required
- Valid code 8 driver’s license with driving experience
- Intermediate level computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Initiative and excellent problem-solving skills
- Seeks to go beyond role requirements and aims for high performance.
- Takes responsibility for actions
Posted on 05 Nov 12:15