|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||FMI, a division of Bidvest Life Ltd|
We are looking for an experienced communications specialist to join our team! As a communications specialist, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships between the company and all stakeholders.
The communications specialist will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships between the company and all stakeholders. The role aims to promote a favourable brand image and public reputation. This will include managing internal communications within the organization (newsletters, dist. media features, etc.) as well as establishing valuable relationships with the public and the media, liaising with thought leaders, securing media opportunities and fielding reputational issues.
- Develop FMI’s PR and communications strategy
- Drive FMI’s PR and communications Plan
- Monitor economic, social and political trends that might affect the organisation and recommend ways to enhance FMI’s image
- Foster media relations
- Manage external PR and media agencies
- Facilitate reputation management
Minimum qualifications and experience
- BA/MA degree in marketing, advertising, communications or a related discipline such as journalism
- Minimum five years of PR and marketing experience
- Proven track record in communications, with a focus in PR and media management
- Experience within financial services or in the life insurance category (ideal)
- Lives FMI’s values of bravery, empathy and excellence.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into a cohesive PR and Communications plan for both customer and IFA channels.
- Confidence executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Skilled in utilising earned media to increase FMI’s brand image, public awareness and credibility.
- Strong writing and communications skills
Posted on 02 Oct 11:07