- Ad Placed : 14 Oct 2020 12:00:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Clinical Mentor – School Based HIV and GBV Prevention Programme vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium’s Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in King Cethwayo District – KZN
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
Main purpose of the job
- To ensure the provision of quality clinical services offered as part of a comprehensive package of care through mobile service delivery as identified in the School Integrated School Health Programme (SRH SOP).
- To support the achievement of School Based HIV and GBV targets, through mentoring of health providers, within specified geographical areas.
Location – (These are provincial positions and the incumbent will be responsible
for 2 districts)
- Wits RHI – KCD (King Cethwayo District)
Key performance areas
- In close collaboration with project management team, and specifically the district manager, coordinate and lead the operationalisation of the mobile to provide quality, integrated clinical services.
- In close liaison with District Manager, manage outreach plans and mobile timetable to sites hot spots for service delivery of the SRH and HIV package. -Ensure the mobile plans are aligned with client’s appointment dates. -Ensure there is a mechanism to communicate with clients concerning mobile visits.
- Stock management and control and stock ordering.
- Management of drugs as per good pharmacy practice/DOH guidelines.
- Oversight in terms of ensuring mobile is clean and in good working order
- Oversight of quality assurance and standards in the mobile – universal health precautions.
- Management of nursing staff.
- Provide supervision and support of the clinical staff (Professional Nurses and Counsellors).
- Oversight over HIV testing counselling staff who report to the professional nurses in terms of quality of care.
- Contribute to team development, in collaboration with the provincial and district manager.
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments.
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action.
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information.
- Prioritise the identification of training needs of Project clinical staff, and the clinical component of the broader school project implementation team, with a focus on nurses and HIV testing counsellors.
- Together with other members of the senior project management, arrange appropriate training to meet these needs.
- Identify the training needs of DoH, DBE and other staff and stakeholders and provide technical assistance where appropriateLiaise with the Clinical Technical Specialist and other project staff to address training needs.
- Prepare for training in terms of content and methodologies.
- Provide both off site and on the job training to ensure skills transfer and competency.
- Support the facilitation of formal clinical training as required.
- Support the implementation of SRH and PrEP as per the package of care in the DBE ISHP’s SRH SOP – ensure all clinical staff are competent to provide quality of care.
- Participate in the development and review of tools, job aids and other resources to support clinical staff.
- Provide quality clinical services to maintain expertise (Direct Service Delivery).
- Ensure clinical services are provided as per DOH and DBE policies and guidelines.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and coaching, with a focus on nursing staff, and other school project staff as appropriate.
- Complete training and mentoring reports including description and analysis of participant assessment and evaluation and communicate report to relevant managers.
- Participate in ongoing mentorship programmes initiated by other Wits RHI stakeholders.
- Monitor the quality of service delivery, and where required, engage in quality improvement activities to improve quality of care and achieving projected targets.
- Ensure the clinical components of service delivery are recorded, provide oversight for data quality of the nurses, in compliance with M&E reporting requirements.
- Ensure programme data collected on the field is correct and timeously reported to M&E.
- Contribute to project reports on the clinical service delivery , as requested by project management.
- Participate in monitoring activities mandated by the project management.
- Participate in course reviews.
- Ensure all completed registers, assessments and evaluations are returned from courses and hard copies provided to the relevant training administrator.
- Monitoring and evaluation that programme targets met.
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
- Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as conferences, workshops etc.
Required minimum education and training
- Relevant Nursing degree with education qualification\Certified clinical (NIMART, APC/PC101 and HTS) mentor
- Facilitation skills
- Code 10 Valid SA driver’s license preferred
- Dispensing licence
- Certified Assessor
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public health and SRH, HIV prevention and management, with a focus on adolescents and young people.
- Knowledge and experience to include: ART, PrEP and PEP initiation and management; HIV testing; and provision of sexual and reproductive services, including contraception, STI, and related services.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Certification in HIV Management (NIMART).
- Sound technical knowledge of PrEP, PEP, TB, GBV and SRH service provision.
- Knowledge of provincial and district health structures.
- Experience working in a donor funded organisation / NGO or project-based environment.
- Qualification or experience in training, mentoring, project management, team building and quality improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management.
- Exceptional organizational, administrative and effective communication skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Able to prioritise own workload and work towards deadlines.
- Self motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to speak other African languages
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 16 October 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position