- Ad Placed : 25 Feb 2020 15:00:22 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This large pharmaceutical manufacturing company is currently looking for a Clinical Affairs Specialist, who will report to the Manager: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs.
About the Role:
Provision of a reliable and efficient clinical affairs and information service that puts current knowledge and experience of clinical related aspects of plasma derived medicinal products to work, in supporting the business and operational goals of the company, as well as compliance with regulatory requirements.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.Sc. (Pharm) or B.Pharm degree.
- Must be a Registered Pharmacist (SAPC).
- Post Graduate Clinical Pharmacy/related Degree or studies.
- 3 years’ experience in a Clinical Pharmacy/Medicines Information.
- 2 years’ experience with Clinical trials.
- 2 years’ experience in Pharmacovigilance.
- 2 years’ Managerial experience.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook).
- Thorough knowledge of Bibliographic Management software.
- Previously worked with databases (MS Access, Lotus Notes, or similar).
- Literature searching and evaluation skills.
- Training/lecturing skills would be an advantage.
Key Performance Areas:
- Clinical and Product Information:
- Ensure clear understanding of and the effective provision of the clinical and product information requirements of departments and external customers;
- Provide an up-to-date, objective and accurate medicines information service to ensure appropriate use of the company’s products within the clinical settings in which they are used;
- Compile, review and update clinical and product information in promotional items, professional information (PIs) and patient information leaflets (PILs);
- Monitor the procedures, systems, databases and documentation appropriate to record, track and report on enquiries.
- Post Marketing Studies and Clinical Trials:
- Assist with regulatory requirements for post marketing surveillance studies and clinical risk management / minimisation activities;
- Facilitate the planning, monitoring and delivery of a well-organised post marketing study or clinical trial in compliance with current guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Pharmacovigilance and Product Complaints:
- Ensure the company Pharmacovigilance Programme is efficient and effective in compliance with relevant statutory requirements and in accordance with national and international guidelines;
- Prepare clinical risk management reports, risk-benefit assessments; periodic safety update and summary reports and amendments to safety statements in PIs and PILs to meet regulatory requirements;
- Oversee the procedures and documentation to appropriately record, track and report on product complaints.
- Clinical Education and Training:
- Deliver effective undergraduate, postgraduate and CME training programmes relating to products;
- Conduct Continuing Medical Education (CME) for internal and external stakeholders and healthcare professionals in the various fields including of Immunology, Haematology, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacovigilance.
- Information Resource Management:
- Supervise appropriate access to and retrieval of current clinical and product information to meet department objectives;
- Manage the library services and medication information resources effectively and efficiently;
- Ensure the information acquisition and dissemination is systematic, organised and traceable for strategic and operational benefit.
- Performance Management of Staff:
- Provide managerial support, guidance and oversight to operate at an optimal performance level.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Managing work, planning and organising.
- Fact finding.
- Analysis/problem assessment (logical/analytical).
- Customer focus.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Interpersonal skills.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.