CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (SIX MONTHS CONTRACT)
This is a 6 month temporary appointment and the successful candidate will be subjected to signing a performance contract.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend interviews as well as other assessments.
AA pref but not essential
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will provide Executive Management, Audit Risk & Compliance Committee and the Board with reliable, consolidated financial information, to manage and safeguard assets (liquid, current and non-current) in accordance with recognised and accepted financial standards and prescribed regulations, while exuding astute and prudent financial management in guiding the corporation towards sustainability.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Key Performance Areas will encompass:
- As a custodian of the PFMA and accompanying regulations at the organisation, responsible to responsible to oversee the development and implementation of the group financial accounting, management accounting, consolidated reporting and procurement policies and procedures;
- Facilitating delivery of financial and administrative support services, particularly
- Financial control
- Budget and forecasting
- Revenue collection and recording
- Financial processes.
- Preparing and presenting the financial statements including its subsidiaries and liaise with both the internal and external auditors.
- Ensuring a clean audit outcome.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, banks, investors and others;
- Managing the business unit and its employees.
- Candidates MUST have worked in the PUBLIC SECTOR in a similar role
- A qualified Chartered Accountant;(CA(SA) This is essential and non-negotiable
- 15 years’ experience of which 5 years must be at senior management level within a financial management and financial administration environment;
- Extensive knowledge of IRFS GAAP, PFMA, Treasury Regulations and other relevant Acts;
- Must have practical knowledge and experience in internal and external audits, IT Governance and due diligence processes and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Management accounting principles, calculations and treasury functions
- Additionally, the successful candidate must possess the following competences;
Knowledge of Development Finance
- Financial & treasury management Expertise;
- Management skills and Accountability;
- Strategic orientation
- Results driven;
- Astute leadership aptitude;
- Ability to make decisions and apply independent judgement;