- Ad Placed : 21 Feb 2020 21:00:22 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
Reporting to the Procurement Director, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a category strategy to optimize total cost of ownership, minimize risk and ensure sustainability for Logistics and Packaging spend across the group.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree in Supply Chain, Commerce or Category relevant.
- CIPS registration and/or qualification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years in strategic sourcing / operations / commercial / category specialist role; procurement in international environment and leadership experience preferable.
- Proficiency in MS Office suites will be essential.
- Competent in the use of SAP MM module is preferred.
- Drivers licence.
Responsibilities / KPA’s:
- Develop a category strategy (3 to 5 years), develop roadmaps to implement the strategy and monitor against this.
- Ensure category alignment with the Group Procurement team.
- Scope and source at a global level.
- Drive supplier negotiations and facilitate contract implementation. Manage against these contracts to ensure SLA compliance.
- Conduct supplier relationship management including supplier audits and evaluations.
- Perform regular market analysis and benchmarking.
- Focus on buying channel digitalisation and automation.
- Monitor risks and ensure that the strategy and roadmaps are adjusted to account for any changes.
- Minimise Total Cost of Ownership.
- Drive value creation and innovative thinking.
- Build strong relationship with Operations and maintain a good understanding of Operations.
- Ensure effective people management.
- High level of commercial acumen.
- Analytical thinking with high attention to detail.
- Self-management and self-motivation with high integrity.
- Good verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adopts a Continuous Improvement approach.
- Able to work independently under pressure.
- Confident to deal independently with Senior Leaders.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.