|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid & Provident Fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Gardens|
|Company:||Talent Magnet – Digital Recruitment|
The purpose of this role is to empower and enable the business to make good commercial decisions, by offering insights and impactful metrics gleaned from the rich and varied pools of data at our disposable.
- This is a “get your hands dirty” role which requires a willingness to immerse yourself in multiple bodies of data from internal and external sources and functional units
- In-so-doing, you will develop an unparalleled understanding of how different components of the business uses data; and how that data can best be utilized to create further value.
- With data as your primary and most powerful tool, you will be able to conduct in-depth and complex analyses…
- You will test various hypotheses, and make sense out of the relationship and interdependencies between various data points.
- Develop appropriate metrics and measures on this information for analysis and interpretation
- Consistently produce business insight that answers key business questions
- Implement solutions that deliver on business requirements.
- Provide recommendations which allows business to make valuable commercial decisions
We are a purpose-led business which places substantial emphasis on truly living our values. Fitting in to the culture of the team is as important to us as doing the job well. You belong here if you value:
Ownership: You do what you say you will do and take pride in your work
Collaboration: You prioritise teamwork and engage with all stakeholders and role-players with openly and frequently. You place a high value on diversity of opinions and perspectives
Empathy: You value honesty, and can confidently give and receive candid feedback knowing it’s a key ingredient for growth.
Evolution: You constantly ask how things could be made better and value the “Agile” approach of create, test, adapt
Critical skills and experience
- Relevant bachelors degree
- Three to five years experience as a Data Guru with a Commercial Bent
- Proven track record in building relationship with various business stakeholders, translating business their requirements and designing & drafting functional specifications
- Data Warehouse Methodologies
- BI Best Practice
- Data Analysis
- Data Governance
- Financial systems and procedures
- Data visualisation
- Data Product Life Cycle
- Business Information Business Analysis experience in a finance/banking environment, with specific exposure to a credit environment.
- Experience leading a team
Opportunities for growth
Once the incumbent has achieved build confidence and achieved desired levels of proficiency in the role, the opportunity for growth is towards greater mastery as owner of the Data function, opportunity to lead a team and/or grow in the area of strategic management
Posted on 11 Jan 16:59