|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Purchasing and Provision Services
- Administrating, coordinating, and managing the total purchasing and tender processes (placement, dispatch, shipment, follow-up and the prompt payment of orders)
- Analysing exspenditure, quality and service delivery from suppliers
- Collecting quotations and tenders
- Applying the university’s Procurement and Tender Policy in terms of all purchases
- Liaising with staff, students, and the public in terms of enquiries relating to procurement-related issues, as well as the application of the Procurement and Tender Policy
- Procuring products
- Product and market research
- Grade 12
- At least five years’ experience in a purchasing environment
- Knowledge of and experience in design
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, trustworthy, conscientious and honest
- Excelllent planning and organisational skills
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Good negotiation skills
- Good judgement ability
- A valid code EB drivers licence
Commencement of duties: 1 September or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 30 June 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Mnr PC Basson on 021 808 4500
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The university will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The university reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the university before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments
The university reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 20 Jun 10:30
Get job alerts for Buyer jobs
- Senior Buyer Menswear, Cape Town, Talented Recruitment
- Homeware Buyer, Cape Town, Weylandts
- Buyer, Cape Town, Cape Union Mart
- Dutch Speaking Programmatic Media Trader, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Digital Strategist, Cape Town, Gardens, Topco Media
- Digital Strategist, Cape Town, Mowbray