|Remuneration:||R15000 – R18000 per month Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
We are looking for an account executive to join our client service team. It will start off as a three months contract with the possibility of going permanent.
Who we want?
Entrepreneurs. Dreamers. Thinkers. Challengers. Doers. Creators. Builders. Innovators. Disruptors.
An Advertising account executive liaise with clients and across agency departments in the administration of advertising campaigns and the co-ordination of associated work. As an Account Executive in this role you will work within one of our Client services teams on a set profile of clients, assisting and project managing relevant client campaigns coming in. You will report to the relevant Account Director.
An unrivalled level of organisation is expected so that all campaigns run efficiently, with other team members relying on project organisation to meet deadlines and understand client expectations.
An Account Executive should be interested in the client to develop strong, meaningful relationships. Timely communication is imperative to complete projects on time and on budget.
Often Account Executives will receive a plan for a campaign from the relevant Account Director and be expected to monitor it every step of the way, whilst creating an enjoyable work environment and keeping momentum going.
The job of an Account Executive is to quickly grasp each client’s goals and make use of the resources of their agency to drive and assist in project managing a successful campaign.
- Arranging meetings and liaising with the relevant Account Director and relevant clients to understand their requirements.
- Research clients’ products, services, plans, competitors, and target markets.
- To go with your Account Director to client’s briefings and assist in compiling proposals to clients for approval.
- Work with relevant team members to ensure quality control of all work that is submitted to clients.
- Monitoring all stages of campaigns to guarantee that they run smoothly.
- Writing status reports throughout the duration of the project to keep clients and team updated.
- Administration tasks that will help to keep campaigns well-managed and organised.
- Offering creative ideas to the team to develop exciting campaigns and encourage clients to understand the importance of creativity throughout projects.
- Brief through the Traffic Manager the relevant departments necessary, and work with them to plan and implement the best advertising solutions for the client.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. Long hours are common, and advertising staff are expected to work flexibly to meet project deadlines.
- Attend meetings with the Account Director to take notes with potential clients to discuss strategy and report on progress.
- Responding to clients’ requests as they arise, internal and external clients, ensuring that the relevant AD is cc’d in all relevant communication.
- Assisting your Account Director with new proposals for client campaigns.
As an Account Executive you will mainly be based in the office, with time also spent at meetings and briefings, and may be expected to socialise with clients.
- Ideally a relevant qualification in Advertising, Communication or Marketing – BSc/ BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field.
- At least two years work experience as an account executive.
- A keen eye for detail and an understanding of budget restraints.
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a cool outlook.
- Good understanding of marketing and advertising methods and techniques.
- Good knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of CRM software will be a strong advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of accounts possibly from different industries.
- A team player with outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Penquin is a full-service, independent advertising agency
We offer unique integrated marketing solutions that connect people and make them feel part of something bigger. Experiences are the soul of our creative thinking. They inspire us to tell stories that stir emotions, instil belief, and help you build long-lasting, authentic relationships with your customers.
- Highly organised and flexible
- Quick to absorb and analyse large amounts of information.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and imaginative.
- Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic.
- A clear communicator, in person and writing
- Able to present ideas with conviction.
- Good with figures.
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Commercially aware.
- A personable and professional character that will allow you to build client rapport.
Posted on 23 Oct 14:29