The account manager is responsible for selling the business’s products & services. He/she is responsible for implementing sales plans, documenting quotes, and reporting sales performance to the Director of Sales.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· To follow up on leads by visiting prospective clients regularly, often enough to maintain their interest but not too often to alienate them.
· To achieve or better allocated Sales Quota. Sales Quota’s will be reviewed annually.
· To identify prospective clients’ exact needs by questioning, observation and the completion of a full sales survey.
· To entertain prospective clients, where possible combining this with visits to existing satisfied customers.
· To liaise closely with project managers and operational staff on all details of a new prospective installation. Ensuring operational staff have a full understanding and agreement on all details.
· To maintain communication with the client showing an ongoing interest in the installation and the installation team.
· Ensure that all funds are collected on time as per the contract.
· To complete a daily log of all activities, quotations sent and lost business.
· Analyze statistics thereby identifying key sales areas, problems and success rate.
· To research prospective client details, finding out as much as possible about the company to ensure a professional approach.
· To constantly monitor and be aware of competitor activity.
· To present a realistic proposal to a prospective client, having thoroughly researched cost factors, and ensure that the proposal is achievable.
· To constantly be aware of new business opportunities and action these.
· Maintain communications with the office on a daily basis, via telephone, cc:Mail, email or fax.
· Forward relevant product information, fixes, workarounds, known issues, etc… to relevant personnel within the company.
· Keep updated on new technologies available, both on MICROS software/hardware products, third-party software/hardware products, as well as general IT technologies, related to our industry.
· Regularly visit the corporate website www.micros.com to keep informed about corporate developments and news.
· Regularly visit the MICROS SharePoint intranet site, and read any published ‘Product Marketing Announcements’ (PMA) and Field Bulletins and presentations.
· Pass any certification examinations as required by Management.
· Maintain an adequate level of knowledge in MS Windows operating systems and software
· utilities as released from time to time.
· Be able to confidently and knowledgeably demonstrate to prospective clients the Micros SA product range.
· Maintain competitor knowledge.
· Maintain client files, filing of all quotations and sales documentation.
· Update and maintain your customer’s details on CRM.
· Maintain your business diary on Microsoft outlook and grant access to the Sales Manager to view your activities.
· All commission and expense claims to be submitted by the 19th of each month, or as advised from time to time.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
· Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
· Knowledge of Opera Software
· Minimum 5 years’ experience within Hotel environment
· Minimum 3 years Management experience within Hotel environment
· Valid passport
· Own reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
· Willing to travel
Desired Skills and Qualities
Personal Attributes and Qualities
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent customer service
· Sales flair
· Target driven