- Ad Placed : 27 Jul 2020 18:00:34 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This large manufacturing company, who is part of a larger international company, currently has a 6 month contract for an experienced AA Procurement & Contracts Specialist, who can hit the ground running!
Overall Job Purpose:
- Establish and effect a robust framework for Procurement and Tenders, including inter-alia, purchasing strategy, contract management, preferential procurement, and supplier selection criteria.
- Identify potential contract and supply risks and communicate this with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate controls are in place over the tender, procurement, and contract performance management processes.
- B.Sc in Supply Chain Management/Business Admin (MBA/Commercial Law pref.)
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Officer or Head of Procurement.
- Understand Money Laundering and ABC Principles.
- Understand Anti-trust Principles and Competition Act.
- Must have experience & understand a control environment (develop, implement, maintain & document management control policies and procedures).
- Must have experience with end-to-end procurement processes.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Experience in collating and analysing data.
- Working knowledge of financial analytics and P&L implications.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Must have prior experience in managing people, developing GPA’s and IDPs.
- Be able to prepare management reports.
- Contract management (understand legal principles relating to contracts & tenders) (pref).
- Up to 5 years’ experience in Contracts Management (pref).
- Monthly reporting on BBBEE procurement strategies and financial elements.
- Presentation of Tender Board pack for Board approval.
- Regular meetings with suppliers on Service Level Agreement management.
- Contracts management.
- Tender process and weekly prosentation at Tender Board.
- HFO purchases.
- Vendor Due Diligence, HRA’s and Master data changes.
- Vendor audits.
- Month end accruals.
HSSE and Quality Accountabilities:
- Apply 5S Principles and housekeeping.
- Assess and Report on Safety potential Incidents/Incidents.
- Assess and Report on Quality Potential Incidents/Incidents.
- Observe and Report on Continuous improvement in your area(SOC)
Essential Skills Required:
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates superior presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.