Our client is a leading South African manufacturing facility based in Durban. They are currently seeking the services of an AA CFO, who will report directly to the CEO and be based in the Finance department.
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to and working alongside the CEO, the CFO will not only be an exceptional Accountant and hands-on with company finances, but will also be commercially aware, input and lead on specific financial projects and advising on the best finance strategy for the business. The role is specifically tasked to lead the Finance team in end to end delivery of Accounting, Reporting, Control and Compliance, IT and Tax to drive performance outcomes in line with agreed plans.
The role has overall accountability, control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company’s strategy and is expected to oversee the performance analysis and alignment with shareholders. The accountability is extended to delivery of the annual financial statements and interfaces with external audit.
The role is expected to manage and lead a cross-discipline team to deliver the best results aligned with business strategy and goals. Excellent leadership and communication skill across all levels of staff is key, including having to work with various departments to align goals to the enterprise financial framework.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Post Graduate Financial qualification – B.Com Accounting Honours with Financial and Management Accounting or equivalent.
- Chartered Accountant (SA) would be an advantage.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years working experience in an accounting related field, management and financial control experience preference.
- High level of business and financial knowledge.
- Commercially and technically strong, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Experience in balancing financial and business needs to deliver business performance.
Business and Financial Accountabilities:
- Financial control management.
- Financial accounting and reporting.
- Prepare audited annual financial statements.
Customer and Stakeholder Accountabilities:
- Steer the Board on compliance to Regulation and Legislation.
- Company/Board Secretarial duties.
- Minutes of Board meeting and management of Board meetings action tracker.
- Compliance to Companies Act / Secretarial requirements.
- Reporting areas of non-compliance to MOI/Co-Ownership Agreements and Companies Act.
- Director induction and training: Directors duties, responsibilities and powers.
- Interaction with Board and individual Directors and shareholders
- Board papers co-ordination.
- Ensure capital investment is shareholder policy compliant.
- Balance shareholder accounts monthly with shareholders sign off.
- Properly supported inter-company proforma invoices.
- Management of the shareholder funding model.
- Funding imbalance calculations with integrity.
Operational Processes Accountabilities:
- Budgets control.
- Fixed assets.
- Financial and performance reporting.
- Compliance and risk management.
- Dealing with Auditors and Banks.
- Business plans.
- IT – Quality of Financial and Operating Systems.
- Tender Board – participate in all meetings.
- Ethics and Compliance.
People and Leadership Accountabilities:
- Direction and leadership on financial and other organizational matters.
- Development of policies and strategies for the finance team (AP, AR, financials (financial, stock, fixed assets and cost accounting).
- Marketing and promotion of company values and behaviour.
- Statutory requirements.
- Development and maintenance of systems of internal controls.
- Steer the Board on compliance to regulation and legislation.
- Company/Board Secretarial duties.
- Active participation in finance-related meetings and forums.
- Proactive management and development of the Finance team.
- Succession planning of finance staff.
- Promote organizational values and for the instilling of the values within the teams.
- Seek out opportunities to improve the function and support process – continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance to company policies.
- Meet the annual cost and other planned targets.
- Supervise, motivate and appraise staff reporting directly.
- Implement training, development and succession plans.
- Ensure appropriate Corporate Governance practice.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of financial statements.
- Ensure Board/Secretarial compliance to Companies Act.
HSSE and Quality Accountabilities:
- Participate in regular site and activities audits thereby ensuring compliance to HSSE and Quality (IATF) standards, procedures and management system elements.
- Form part of an annual management review of HSSE-MS and Quality – MS and their performance elements.
- Support of company HSSE and Quality policies, procedures and standards.
- Share best practices and learning.
- Develop and promote cultural shift.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Accounting and tax.
- Reporting and analysis.
- Administration and management.
- Performance bias.
- Financial management.
- Partnership and teamwork.
- Risk management and control.
- Business awareness.
- Audit and assurance.
- Good decision maker.
- HSSE leadership and commitment.
- Product Quality leadership and commitment.
- Problem solving.
- Business controls management.
- Lead and coach cost efficiencies/management behaviours.
- Champions stakeholder focus (shareholders, suppliers and other customers).
- Build shared vision: align team & own goals with organization’s vision.
- Maximizes business opportunities: sound judgement (Risk & Benefit).
- Demonstrate courage and self-mastery.
- Motivate, coach and develop others.
- Demonstrate personal effectiveness.
- Lead and coach and cost efficiencies/management behaviours.