Pretoria, Thursday 12 November 2020 – The South African Revenue Service (SARS) reminds individual taxpayers who are required to file an income return that they have until Monday 16 November 2020 to submit returns via the online platforms, namely the SARS MobiApp or eFiling.
Provisional taxpayers who use eFiling have until Friday 29 January 2021 to submit their returns.
Taxpayers who have received auto-assessment from SARS, which means their returns have automatically been filed and assessed, are reminded that they must accept the assessment or edit their return on eFiling.
Tax season for individual taxpayers who file at a branch closed on Thursday 22 October 2020.
SARS wishes to thank all taxpayers who have submitted their returns thus far, irrespective of the platform used.
Taxpayers must note that SARS will deal decisively with non-compliance such as the non-submission or late submission of returns.
Taxpayers who are yet to file can download the SARS MobiApp from the Playstore or Appstore and easily perform the following functions amongst others:
1. Register as a taxpayer and for SARS eFiling
2. Submit a return
3. Use the phone camera to upload supporting documents
4. Retrieve their username or reset their password
5. View their Notice of Assessment (ITA34)
6. Request a call-back to get the assistance of a SARS agent.
Not every taxpayer needs to submit a return. Taxpayers who meet all of the following criteria need not submit a return:
1. Their total employment income for the year before tax is not more than R500 000
2. They only receive employment income from ONE EMPLOYER for the full tax year
3. They have no other form of INCOME (e.g. car allowance, business income, and rental income, taxable interest or income from another job)
4. They don’t have any additional allowable tax related deductions to claim (e.g. medical expenses, retirement annuity contributions and travel expenses).
To access this page in different languages click on the links below: